English teacher

Shunee

Hi all, I am a Japanese who is very new to Jakarta. I came here to work as the director of an IT company.
I am currently looking for a native English speaker who can do a private lesson weekly because I will have many opportunities to do public speakings.

Here are details for what I need

- Must
Native English speaker
English teacher or some coaching experience
Nice to have
Some knowledge of IT or digital payment

- Frequency
Weekly or bi-weekly

- Date and time
Weekday After 19:00
Weekend Flexible

- My English level
TOEIC 960 / 7 years of oversea-sales experience(Sales pitch, negotiation, and business meeting)

Please let me know if you can legally teach me or you know a good shcool around the town.

Thank you

jstar

Mr. 10,000
So would you like to simply improve and tweak your English? Or must the teacher have experience in business meetings and public speaking? There's a huge difference. In the latter, 'having' perfect language skills is in fact irrelevant. (And thus also learning from a native speaker as you require.) It's the opposite; bringing your message across is most important and a bit of an accent and making an occasional mistake is considered to be charming*. And to correct your written communication, you could have a good grammar check or secretary.

* why do you think @El_Goretto and @atlantis are so popular with the ladies? No @snpark, don’t say it, don’t answer that!

Last edited:

Shunee

Thank you for the comment. It actually made me think deeper for what I actually need. Answering your question, I think what I need is sort of the later one that you suggested which is some native speaker with some business experience, but not that one with only teaching experience because I want to practice my pitch and narrative to see if they are logical enough and shape enough to be conveyed to native speakers. Also, I want to brush up my general gesture, attitude, and posing when I present something. Unfortunately, I don't have such friends and environment at the moment. Does this give a better idea of what I need? I just found that British Council English school in Jakarta provides a course that sort of fulfill my needs, but let me know if you happen to know some better options:)

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
There are a few different members who may do English lesson. I know someone who lives in Bandung, but not sure if she is teaching in Jakarta anymore. B_A?

Anfooshi

Hi all, I am a Japanese who is very new to Jakarta. I came here to work as the director of an IT company.
I am currently looking for a native English speaker who can do a private lesson weekly because I will have many opportunities to do public speakings.

Here are details for what I need

- Must
Native English speaker
English teacher or some coaching experience
Nice to have
Some knowledge of IT or digital payment

- Frequency
Weekly or bi-weekly

- Date and time
Weekday After 19:00
Weekend Flexible

- My English level
TOEIC 960 / 7 years of oversea-sales experience(Sales pitch, negotiation, and business meeting)

Please let me know if you can legally teach me or you know a good shcool around the town.

Thank you
Greetings sir,

I am interested in assisting you, as I am not only a native speaker but have public speaking coursework in college. Currently, I am teaching English in Jakarta with my contract due to end in August.

If there is a possibility of future legal employment with your company, assuming we are a great fit, then I will be able to stay indefinitely.

Public speaking is certainly an art form. As you have mentioned gestures, eye contact, facial expressions, tone, and speaking patterns are used to deliver your message. It is very much like acting.

The most important tip I can provide here, in this forum, is to know your audience. Please feel free to direct message me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anjacaba
Top Bottom