Downloading films Windows 10

harryopal

Charter Member
Just returned from a 5 day trip with internet either not available or slow to slower than slow. Decided to download some films to have available when there's no internet. Went on line to find an app to download films for Windows 10. First two "free" systems then wanted credit card details and offering various $ packages for the "free" downloads.

Is there such a thing as a free downloader?

Helpful Herbert

Pirate Bay / bittorrent, and save to a hard drive. It has kept us with a ready supply of movies and TV programmes for the kids during lockdown in the kampung.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Pirate Bay / bittorrent, and save to a hard drive. It has kept us with a ready supply of movies and TV programmes for the kids during lockdown in the kampung.
1. Piratebay still around? I thought that place has been dead for quite a while?
2. Used to be able to access torrent sites for a while, but then we had issues with Internet speed...First Media technician suggested we changed modems...wife ok'ed...since then I have to use VPN...not sure technically why suddenly I have to use VPN...luckily the speed is still pretty decent (with some patience when downloading...).

Helpful Herbert

yes, piratebay.bid is still going, and regularly updated. Works at full speed with a telkomsel connection with no vpn. Only problem is we use monthly data packages out here and one movie can take up quite a lot of that data.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
https://yts.mx/ is a good and free torrent source for movies at small sizes. 720p movies are around 800-900mb.
Which reminds me of this question....I've picked up a few movies from there, but I noticed the recent downloads (the past few months)...movies would play for a few minutes, then suddenly the audio cuts off...then whatever movies I play from that external drive also has no audio...usually it fixes itself once I unplug the external drive for a few minutes...but then the problem starts again. This is through my (LG) TV...which is about five years old.

Ruserious

There's a guy in north Jakarta who will download whatever you want for you to a hard disk (that he will sell you). He might be willing to just transfer for a price too. Website is Kiosfilm dotcom and there's a lost of thousands to choose from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cikini
Top Bottom