Domestic travel and lockdowns

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
What is the situation now for travel between Bandung & Jakarta ?
I intend to go by private car if that makes any difference, I do not intend to get within 2 metres at least of another human & even then I will be talking thru a glass panel :D
Do I need to get a covid test done, if so the rapid one or the 3 day one?

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Oh by car? No. Not for private vehicle. Sorry
Now I am confused lol- I can't go by private car or I don't need a swab test prior to going?
I'm old & easily confused. :D

Helpful Herbert

You don't need any covid test if you are going by car, although there are places where they will check inside cars to see you are wearing a mask. Also odd/even works at weekends too now iirc.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
You don't need any covid test if you are going by car, although there are places where they will check inside cars to see you are wearing a mask. Also odd/even works at weekends too now iirc.
Thank you xxx I always have my mask on in car - bandung does the same with spot checks - easy enough to know they are there though as traffic tends to build up at them :D

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
Thank you xxx I always have my mask on in car - bandung does the same with spot checks - easy enough to know they are there though as traffic tends to build up at them :D
Out here in the hinterlands it sometimes seems like the only time people wear masks is when they are in/on a motor vehicle. I really mostly just get to town to see the boy once a week, and even then we don't go out much.
Do most people in Bandung wear masks most of the time when they are walking down the street or going to small shops?

Dharma Police

No mandatory test needed since you're travelling by car. If you're using a driver however you should consider both getting PCR tests.

We went to Puncak last month and took 2 cars to take the necessary food and supplies for 2 families. We all got PCR tests first, including both drivers. One tested positive.

Imagine if we didn't get tested and were in close proximity to him. This was a 75 minute car ride. Bandung to Jakarta is at least 3.5 hours, so it's something to consider.

Have a safe trip :)

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
I'm
No mandatory test needed since you're travelling by car. If you're using a driver however you should consider both getting PCR tests.

We went to Puncak last month and took 2 cars to take the necessary food and supplies for 2 families. We all got PCR tests first, including both drivers. One tested positive.

Imagine if we didn't get tested and were in close proximity to him. This was a 75 minute car ride. Bandung to Jakarta is at least 3.5 hours, so it's something to consider.

Have a safe trip :)
I'm the driver, hubby is my princess who gets the passenger seat & to issue instructions and directions :D

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Out here in the hinterlands it sometimes seems like the only time people wear masks is when they are in/on a motor vehicle. I really mostly just get to town to see the boy once a week, and even then we don't go out much.
Do most people in Bandung wear masks most of the time when they are walking down the street or going to small shops?
Not so sure, you know where I live , in the sticks too. :D
I would say 90% of people I see when out & about are masked - I don't go out often though.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farid8
Top Bottom