Does indonesia have any noise pollution laws?

beebop

Hi, weve been battling to sleep for over 2 years since a cafe opened near to our house, because they play loud music until 4am.... 7 days a week. The neighbors including us, have been trying our options for some time now to get rid of this cafe to no avail.. the thing confusing me though is the biggest issue i have is the ridiculously loud music they play, yet the neighbors are focusing on the fact that they sell alcohol when negotiating with the authorities.. and im just like.. hello, what about the noise? Are there no noise pollution laws in this country? When i mentioned their noise pollution, im shown some piece of paper that states they have permission to conduct business selling soft drinks and snacks.. lol.. and now the authorities dont want to take any action based on the fact that they have this perijinan.

yes you can tell the speakers that conform to the regulation as they will be covered in artificial spider's webs.

Well, officially they need a permit. This is called a Surat Izin Gangguan or 'Izin HO'.

But in a country where even IMB's are not in place or followed, you'd wonder if it even makes sense to point that out. (We have a new futsal field close by that generates a lot of noise and has no permit whatsoever.)

Then there are some articles in the criminal law (KUHP) that clearly address the issue. See for instance Pasal 53 and 1365. (The latter of the Civil Code.)

So the law is on your side. But the rest? I'm afraid when reading about their reaction you'd have to go official and spend time and money on this. (And make a video and have two independent witnesses when officially complaining.)

Last edited:
Btw, did you already try the Pak RT/RW/Lurah or Kepala Desa path? That in fact is (part of) their job.

Btw, did you already try the Pak RT/RW/Lurah or Kepala Desa path? That in fact is (part of) their job.
Already over the last 2 years. There was even a meeting held in the lurahs offices between the 2 parties.. lots of talking and no solution. They keep waving their surat ijin jual minum ringan as if its all they need.

There was even a meeting held in the lurahs offices between the 2 parties.. lots of talking and no solution.

Same here. So lawyering up is the next step. But it will cost.

The residents have even put up a big spanduk with their grievances next to the field. No use.

Well, officially they need a permit. This is called a Surat Izin Gangguan or 'Izin HO'.

But in a country where even IMB's are not in place or followed, you'd wonder if it even makes sense to point that out. (We have a new futsal field close by that generates a lot of noise and has no permit whatsoever.)

Then there are some articles in the criminal law (KUHP) that clearly address the issue. See for instance Pasal 53 and 1365.

So the law is on your side. But the rest? I'm afraid when reading about their reaction you'd have to go official and spend time and money on this. (And make a video and have two independent witnesses when officially complaining.)

Thank you! We will definitely look into this and see where it gets us.

Same here. So lawyering up is the next step. But it will cost.

The residents have even put up a big spanduk with their grievances next to the field. No use.

But does that noise continue until 4am... Seven days a week? Oh man, im so lacking sleep. Im going to have to sound proof sections of my house

No here it's not that late and also more related to security and safety. Also people don't appreciate the hundreds of motorbikes and Abang2 in front of their houses, it looks like all these bikes in front of a Bebek Kaleyo on a Saturday night.

With the noise after 11 PM you should have a very good case. But the problem is the fines are very low, even if the Supreme Court said multiply those by a 1,000. So then not a criminal but civil case is in order, cf. the lawyer. And now they are arguing who should pay what.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819