Divorce, visas etc

Daedalus

Hey everyone, great forum here with lots of good info, so hoping some of the more informed members can help me out.

I am currently living in Jakarta, at the start of a divorce (trial seperation) and have young son.
I have been here around 10 years and have been married 5 years. I was on a company sponsored kitas for a long time, then switched to a spouse kitas and am currently about 3 years into a spouse kitap.

At the moment everything is amicable and I don't foresee any divorce complications. Does anyone know the simplest way to divorce? marriage was done KUA.

I am also confused about my visa status and how to solve that problem. I want to stay here and continue to be part of my son's life, but what are my options regarding visas? can a kitap be switched to a friend? will I have to start a new visa process?

I work for a company and have an imta from them along with using my spouse kitap, this hasn't been an issue, but i'm sure you can understand that its kind of an unpleasant situation having to explain about getting divorced, so it would great if I had some info before having that conversation.

What are my rights with regards to my son, at the moment there are no problems, but is there anything I need to do legally to make sure I still have access should anything change?

We have no assets to divide, have a prenup, wife has property that was inherited.
Thanks for your time

William King

Charter Member
Cager
Sorry to hear it. Hope it stays amicable, but no guarantee.

mr2000jp

sorry to hear that , i wish you the best either way ,
you need a change of the sponsor ,thats for sure

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vulphere
Top Bottom