Divorce and ITAP Cancelation

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
So, my divorce document is currently being processed by Catatan Cipil, having already been confirmed by Keputusan Pengadilan Negri. I should have the Surat Cerai (or whatever it is actually called) in about a week. From that time, I have 60 days to find a sponsor. I will be using my ex-wife as the sponsor. We have been married more that ten years. My reading of the law is that my ITAP should not be canceled. I don't even think I should have to go through a change of sponsor process...

Does anyone know anyone who has had any experience with this matter? It would be great to know that someone has had a successful result.
Pasal 162
(1)
Untuk perkawinan campuran yang telah berusia 10 (sepuluh) tahun atau lebih, Izin Tinggal Tetap Orang Asing yang diperoleh karena perkawinan yang sah tetap berlaku walaupun perkawinannya telah berakhir karena perceraian dan/atau atas putusan pengadilan.
(2)
Pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) harus memiliki Penjamin
berkewarganegaraan Indonesia.

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
thank you for your condolences. It has been a long time coming.

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Does anyone know anyone who has had any experience with this matter? It would be great to know that someone has had a successful result.
I don't know anyone who has been in a similar situation. Kudos for you two to have succeeded in keeping a good relation post divorce, reflected by the fact that your ex-wife will be your sponsor. If you have kids, this is great for them.
However, the fact that your now ex-wife is willing to be your sponsor may puzzle immigration because it is quite un-common. I don't think it is gonna be difficult but sure think it is gonna confuse them a bit.

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Oh... and nothing to do with the thread but I'd like to thank you for coming back posting Happyman. I don't post much anymore due to a lack of time for it, but always keep an eye on the forum and your input were always appreciated. Cheers.
O.

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
Oh... and nothing to do with the thread but I'd like to thank you for coming back posting Happyman. I don't post much anymore due to a lack of time for it, but always keep an eye on the forum and your input were always appreciated. Cheers.
O.
Even in the short time I've been back, I noticed your absence. Your vote of confidence regarding the sponsorship means a lot.
As for my posting, I'm living on a farm out of town these days, and this is my chance to practice my English. Lol. Also, without trying to be a troll, this is my only outlet for polite disagreement. Small town people around here tend to be so damned polite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cendrawasih
Top Bottom