Dividing land into several plots

make_batik_great_again

Hi,

my wife and I are looking for land and already visited some places. Sometimes the land appeared to be much bigger than we needed. When mentioning this, the seller said we could easily divide the land into smaller plots later, in order to try to find another buyer for the 'spare' land that we do not need for our home. I am not surprised that he says so since he, of course, just wants to sell his land.

But how difficult is it to divide land into several plots later if your land has already SHM certificate? Is it likely that the village or BPN does not agree to segmentation of one´s land? And what are the costs? I assume, it depends on the region...but is there a rough benchmark/reference point how much it costs (per square meter or so) if you want to divide one plot into two or three plots for example? And is it more expensive to divide the land after already building a house on the land or are the costs independent from the existence of buildings on the land?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
My father-in-law did it at the time and as far as I understood, it was easy and cheap. Something like 200K and even no need for a notary, only the land office and some paperwork. Obviously there was only one owner, it would be more complicated otherwise.

make_batik_great_again

My father-in-law did it at the time and as far as I understood, it was easy and cheap. Something like 200K and even no need for a notary, only the land office and some paperwork. Obviously there was only one owner, it would be more complicated otherwise.
That sounds good. Thank you very much. In our case, land would only belong to my wife if we purchased, so only one owner and should be easy then.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lila Aidina Hayati
Top Bottom