Discountinued Kitas

gra

Dear expat community,

I hope you can advice or help me. My kitas is valid untill next january, my company which sponsored my kitas want to stop it. Yesterday I receive a mail from them, saying that they want to stop the kitas and asking me to bring my passport, book a flight ticket and the original kitas document. During the time I worked for them they never provided any contract and the salary was given paid in cash at the end of the month. Could you inform me about what happens if I don't cooperate? I certainly don't want to hand my passport over to them or their agent who will deal with immigration. He told me I need to book a flight ticket and hand over my passport at least 7 days before this date in order to arrange the EPO at immigration. What kind of document does my former employer need to provide to the immigration if they wan't to declare that I don't work their anymore? I didn't plan to pay a flight ticket now. Do I have some rights?
Does the immagration come to check if I still work there? The work adress that is shown on my kitas is not the same as the actual office address. Can my former employer proceed this procedure without me providing the document they ask for and if yes how will I be informed by the immigration that they have started the procedure and I need to leave Indonesia? My current address is not the address that was used on the application for my kitas... And how much time do I have when the application to discontinue my kitas is done before I need to leave the country? I am a liitle bit anxious, can you help me so I understand what my rights are and what the risks are for me?

Thank you in advance

sul1995

Charter Member
Cager
gra, looks like you are fired by your company. If that's the case, you have to EPO and find another job to return to Indonesia.

dafluff

Cager
Dear expat community,

I hope you can advice or help me. My kitas is valid untill next january, my company which sponsored my kitas want to stop it. Yesterday I receive a mail from them, saying that they want to stop the kitas and asking me to bring my passport, book a flight ticket and the original kitas document. During the time I worked for them they never provided any contract and the salary was given paid in cash at the end of the month. Could you inform me about what happens if I don't cooperate? I certainly don't want to hand my passport over to them or their agent who will deal with immigration. He told me I need to book a flight ticket and hand over my passport at least 7 days before this date in order to arrange the EPO at immigration. What kind of document does my former employer need to provide to the immigration if they wan't to declare that I don't work their anymore? I didn't plan to pay a flight ticket now. Do I have some rights?
Does the immagration come to check if I still work there? The work adress that is shown on my kitas is not the same as the actual office address. Can my former employer proceed this procedure without me providing the document they ask for and if yes how will I be informed by the immigration that they have started the procedure and I need to leave Indonesia? My current address is not the address that was used on the application for my kitas... And how much time do I have when the application to discontinue my kitas is done before I need to leave the country? I am a liitle bit anxious, can you help me so I understand what my rights are and what the risks are for me?

Thank you in advance

By law they are required to pay for your ticket back to your home country. After the EPO has been issued, it will be stamped with something like "Must leave Indonesia within X days", and X here is usually seven.

They were also required by law to have a contract for you, and without one, I don't think they can process your KITAS to begin with. They may have submitted one without your signature?

Anyway, at this point I would tell them that a) They pay for the ticket as required by law, and b) You would arrange for your own EPO, and either do it yourself or have your own agent do it. The company will need to submit the request, but they can provide you with the filled paperwork. This way you can ensure that your passport will be delivered to immigration, and you will hold the receipt. Your company can't process EPO without your passport.

gra

By law they are required to pay for your ticket back to your home country. After the EPO has been issued, it will be stamped with something like "Must leave Indonesia within X days", and X here is usually seven.

They were also required by law to have a contract for you, and without one, I don't think they can process your KITAS to begin with. They may have submitted one without your signature?

Anyway, at this point I would tell them that a) They pay for the ticket as required by law, and b) You would arrange for your own EPO, and either do it yourself or have your own agent do it. The company will need to submit the request, but they can provide you with the filled paperwork. This way you can ensure that your passport will be delivered to immigration, and you will hold the receipt. Your company can't process EPO without your passport.

Thank you for your reply:) Would you also have a link to website or pdf where this legislation is written? So I can show it to my former employer and his agent.

dafluff

Cager
Thank you for your reply:) Would you also have a link to website or pdf where this legislation is written? So I can show it to my former employer and his agent.

Yes, it is in article 48 of Undang Undang No 13 2003 - Ketenagakerjaan (Law no 13, 2003 - On Employement)

You can view the law here: LINK

Anglian

Charter Member
Cager
I would be interested to know the company so others may not fall into the trap

lifelongexpat

Cager
I would be interested to know the company so others may not fall into the trap

Judging by what I've heard in my short time in Indonesia, the whole situation sounds typical of the world of English teaching.

Anglian

Charter Member
Cager
Maybe not a good idea, in order to protect the OP while the process is underway.

Probably true E.G. But you sort of wonder how many other teaches are caught in the trap of low pay no contract, and the bums rush when the school decides it's had enough of you

macvert

Cager
this little thing has made my day , hope to hear more from you gra

colroe

Charter Member
Dear expat community,

Thank you in advance

Just about par for the course on these "language schools" and their crooked owners. IMO there is no way to beat them that will involve large costs and stress. Best, again, IMO, is to just get out of this place by looking at easiest option. This is why it is necessary for employees of these shameful joints to have a multiple entry exit permit at all time, even if you have to pay for it.

Smallworld

Charter Member
Cager
...Best, again, IMO, is to just get out of this place by looking at easiest option. ...

Yes this is the best way in my opinion as well. Do not waste time and money and engage with them, take the loss and start new life/job asap.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseball1
Top Bottom