Did Immigration officer visit house for kitas process?

Raja

Hello,

I want to apply for spouse sponsored kitas visa.
My wife ktp has his hometown domicile pemalang but now she working in serpong and his parents also not allow her to come home after marriage because we done love marriage. So when applying for kitas giving pemalang address but after getting visa we will live in serpong because of job.

So my question is during kitas process in immigration office in pemalang did immigration officer visit house for doing check up or not and after done getting visa did they do check up where we living or not. And if they find out that we living now in serpong it will be problem or not.

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
I won't advise you to deceive the immigration officers, but I will say that you can easily change the address after you get the KITAS. You just need to file a paper called Alih Status Alamat or something similar.

I would really suggest getting the wife to change that KTP. Assuming you want to stay in Indonesia long term, filing bad Immigration paperwork is a horrible decision. Imagine having children and knowing you could be separated from them at any time because you guys didn't want to do some paperwork. I know someone who was in that situation and it really stressed him out unnecessarily.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
If I recall correctly yes Immigration did visit for my KITAS, KITAP and again for my SKIM process.
I only live 15 minutes away from the bandung office , so that makes me an easy option for visits, I can't speak for others or other areas.
If they say they will visit assume they will.

Raja

I won't advise you to deceive the immigration officers, but I will say that you can easily change the address after you get the KITAS. You just need to file a paper called Alih Status Alamat or something similar.

I would really suggest getting the wife to change that KTP. Assuming you want to stay in Indonesia long term, filing bad Immigration paperwork is a horrible decision. Imagine having children and knowing you could be separated from them at any time because you guys didn't want to do some paperwork. I know someone who was in that situation and it really stressed him out unnecessarily.
Thank you

snpark

Cager
Sorry what is "love marriage" ? Nikah siri?

Are you actually LEGALLY married with the red and green books and all registered at catalan thingy place?

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Sorry what is "love marriage" ? Nikah siri?

Are you actually LEGALLY married with the red and green books and all registered at catalan thingy place?
Interesting question, I had just assumed it to be a marriage they chose not one chosen by the families.

Orestes

Bali: for my KITAS no home visit. For KITAP yes (three uniformed officers in a car with official logo. The neighbors thought I was getting deported :D). My wife's KTP needed to be on the address where we live. Also, my wife's KK had to be changed showing "Kawin tercatat" instead of "Belum kawin".

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Yes for first application for KITAS and KITAP.

snpark

Cager
Yes for kitas but "secret" visit I.e just kepo to my apartment lobby reception like does he leave everyday in a suit with a briefcase, have a wife, gf etc. So don't think if they don't come that they haven't been surreptitiously and just kepo to your neighbours or apartment management.

Hawk256

My experience was no visits for KITAS (my neighbors would have informed me if anyone came around) but definitely a visit with KITAP.

dafluff

Cager
Visit for KITAP, called in for interview for KITAS

melvintee

I applied for KITAP conversion from my KITAS in jkt 2 weeks ago. 4 immigration officers came to my place exactly a week later without any prior warning. I happened to be out and they were nice enough to wait about an hour for me to get home. No visits whatsoever when i applied/renewed my KITAS.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
67nature17
Top Bottom