Delays for Schengen visa applications

El_Goretto

Cager
I would just like to share some experience from friends and colleagues applying for Schengen visa in Indonesia.

It seems like international travel is picking up and Indonesia is no exception. There are huge delays at TLSContact (contracted by the French Embassy in Indonesia) for visa applications. Visa are being delivered only 1 or 2 days before departure, some people even got their visa on the day of departure. Many people are cancelling their plans for fear of losing their tickets. It usually take up to 2 weeks to get a visa but at the moment it seems to take 3 to 4 weeks, maybe even more.

It is the same situation with Indonesian passport applications and International Driving Licenses: quotas are full, massive delays.

So if you or your loved ones are planning a trip in the next few months, I recommend you to not leave visa applications to the last minute!

4 weeks still isn't that bad. I've been waiting since April for my ITK conversion to Kitas which is supposed to take up to 1 week. Shouldn't be delayed since it's a different department but it somehow is 🙃

Years back, I applied Schengen visa through orange carpet scheme from NL embassy , so easy, got it in one day valid for 5 years

TLS is known for mismanagement and delays.
I applied several times for visas to France for my family in the past, never had issues. This time around, it seems it's the embassy that cannot keep up.

Had some friends that used TLS for French Schengen, they took back their passports as the process was long. Foreigners get used to the Indonesian way of work and ethics fast here.

Had some friends that used TLS for French Schengen, they took back their passports as the process was long. Foreigners get used to the Indonesian way of work and ethics fast here.
Is it fast? I've been waiting since the beginning of April for mine

A friend of mine who work for TLS (not in Indonesia) told me that TLS does not make any decisions and very unlikely is the bottleneck. They can easily add resources if needed.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinYao
Back