December 2020 Travel Plans?

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
Are you guys planning any domestic / international travel in the coming weeks? What do you anticipate in terms of pandemic restrictions?
My family and I are looking into booking a train from Jakarta to Jawa Tengah to spend a few days there, and I was wondering a. whether this will be possible and b. what kind of testing (if any) we will be required to do. Have you guys heard anything regarding pandemic restrictions? Our school has an early break, so it would be before any "Christian Lebaran" travelers would plan to go.
If taking a train is not going to work for whatever reason, we could drive instead. Any thoughts for this plan.

Are you guys planning any domestic / international travel in the coming weeks? What do you anticipate in terms of pandemic restrictions?
My family and I are looking into booking a train from Jakarta to Jawa Tengah to spend a few days there, and I was wondering a. whether this will be possible and b. what kind of testing (if any) we will be required to do. Have you guys heard anything regarding pandemic restrictions? Our school has an early break, so it would be before any "Christian Lebaran" travelers would plan to go.
If taking a train is not going to work for whatever reason, we could drive instead. Any thoughts for this plan.
In the train station, if u have ticket then there will be some low cost rapid test there. It should be enough for you to travel for 2 weeks.. Or you could get rapid test at clinic. I went to kimia farma. The cost there is 200k but if u bought in traveloka it will cost you 145k something.
The paper somehow needed to traveling by public transport. But if you're using your own car.. That won't be necessary.
For me I just took it because I don't want to cause any scene.
It only valid for 2 weeks though.

I am going back to Texas for 3.5 weeks. I have spoken to a few people who have traveled to NA in the last month or two. I have heard things there might go PSBB again, but I am okay with that since it will give me a chance to check on my parents. The wife though isn't traveling with me.

At this stage because it is one big mess, I am going to try to live life to the fullest the best I can.

In the train station, if u have ticket then there will be some low cost rapid test there. It should be enough for you to travel for 2 weeks.. Or you could get rapid test at clinic. I went to kimia farma. The cost there is 200k but if u bought in traveloka it will cost you 145k something.
The paper somehow needed to traveling by public transport. But if you're using your own car.. That won't be necessary.
For me I just took it because I don't want to cause any scene.
It only valid for 2 weeks though.
Thank you for the info. We are only looking to spend roughly 5 days / 4 nights, so getting the rapid test a day or two before should suffice.

I am going back to Texas for 3.5 weeks. I have spoken to a few people who have traveled to NA in the last month or two. I have heard things there might go PSBB again, but I am okay with that since it will give me a chance to check on my parents. The wife though isn't traveling with me.

At this stage because it is one big mess, I am going to try to live life to the fullest the best I can.
Sounds like a fun trip! Both of my kiddos were born in Texas - the first one in Sugar Land and the second in Fort Worth. Having canceled my trip to visit the parents in NC this past June, I am targeting June of next year, but will be interested to hear about your experience re: whether you are required to quarantine on either end of the trip.
Also, I totally echo your carpe diem sentiment. The whole lockdown / PSBB has made me even more glad that the wife, kiddos, and I traveled around SE Asia on various vacations during the pre-covid era.

We visited Turkey end sept - early October 2020 for climbing Mt. Nemrut (2948m), Mt. Suphan (4058m) and Mt. Ararat (5137m). we were comfortable with the situation.
So, we planned to visit again on first week of December for hiking around Cappadocia.
However. with increasing of covid19 infection and partial curfew; we decide to cancel our trip - full refund on turkishair ticket.

I will be at Jogja and Bali before Christmas I guess.. but no longer than 2 weeks...

Perhaps a bit of van camping with the boy. We won't go far from Bandung. I'll have to find either a beach or an old fort to see. I'd be tempted to go back to Yogyakarta again, but it will probably be a bit too crowded for me, what with Covid and all. Might even just camp at the farm and go fishing...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back