CPaP / BiPaP and Adjustable Bed

Pak Asam Manis

Charter Member
Cager
My wife and I are living in the US but hope to be moving back to Indonesia sometime within the next few years. I have been using a BiPaP for about three months and might be getting an adjustable bed soon.

Would it be worthwhile to ship the bed (with some other stuff we plan on sending over anyway) and bring the BiPaP (easily brought in a suitcase)?

Would either / both require the use of a transformer? (I'm not sure what the wattage is on theBiPaP)

Would it make more sense to just leave them and replace either / both in Indonesia?

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
My wife and I are living in the US but hope to be moving back to Indonesia sometime within the next few years. I have been using a BiPaP for about three months and might be getting an adjustable bed soon.

Would it be worthwhile to ship the bed (with some other stuff we plan on sending over anyway) and bring the BiPaP (easily brought in a suitcase)?

Would either / both require the use of a transformer? (I'm not sure what the wattage is on theBiPaP)

Would it make more sense to just leave them and replace either / both in Indonesia?
Certainly bring your Cpap or Bipap with you. Every Cpap machine I’ve owned in the last 20+ years has been dual voltage. My old cpap was dying in Indonesia last year, and I couldn‘t find a used machine, and the new ones were super pricey.

Bring a decent supply of filters, hoses and masks with you, too. My US insurance gives me new hoses and masks every 3-6 months.

The adjustable bed would probably be a good thing to ship, if you’re sending a sea container full. We looked for a basic hospital version (not electric or fancy) for my wheelchair bound FIL, and couldn’t find anything reasonable. We ended up having one built, but it wasn’t great for the 7-8 juta we paid.

You won‘t have a problem running the cpap/bipap. Not sure about the bed.

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
Consumer-grade electric folding bed frame can be had in USA for under $400 for twin size, closer to $500 for queen size. There is no way you can find it at that price in Indonesia, if it’s available. All I could find in Jakarta was hospital-grade electric beds starting at 18 million IDR. Now, as far as real hospital beds go, they’re far cheaper than products sold in USA. If that’s what you need, then buying in Indonesia makes sense.

Pak Asam Manis

Charter Member
Cager
Thanks for the replies, Jaime and Nimbus. Sounds like the BiPaP shouldn't be a problem. I'll try to investigate a bit more about the bed re the voltage / transformer issue. It would suck to pay to ship it and have it hauled up the hillside di kampung only to find it doesn't work or have the motor burn out the first time I plug it in.

Jaime I'd be curious to see what the bed you had made looks like, but I'm guessing you don't have photos.

Nimbus Don't think I need a real hospital bed - at least not yet -so yes it seems like shipping from the US might be the best thing, if the voltage differential won't be a problem. I can get a basic, no frills twin electric frame for as little as USD 325 on Amazon. My wife wants nothing to do with it unless it's dual control, and I don't blame her.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry001
Top Bottom