COVID-19 what would you do...?

If you become sick with the same symptoms as COVID-19 what would you do?

• seek medical help and testing

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • self quarantine and stock up on meds/shopping to see you through the next couple of weeks

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • just go about your day to day routine as if nothing was wrong but wear a mask when amongst others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other- please state in the comments

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
I am curious ...
I would likely self quarantine as I have trust issues ;)
I also have animals that would need looking after & I have no idea how many people I have come into contact with over the past 2 weeks (or 3 weeks if the new data is correct), so a removal from home and being in lock down quarantine would seem somewhat ineffective.

Last edited:
I would seek medical help and testing. I would want to help track down who gave it to me and who I may have been in contact with before showing symptoms.

I would seek medical help and testing. I would want to help track down who gave it to me and who I may have been in contact with before showing symptoms.
Do you think that is possible in Indonesia over a potential 3 week period?
Just thinking about what I have done/where I have been over the past 3 weeks: several malls, 2 hotels, a very busy co-working space, 3 diferent very busy rest areas, numerous cafes, a lab, 5 different supermarkets amongst several other busy places.
I get a headache just trying to think of the different places.

I may be wrong, but everything I read is 95% of cases have an incubation period of 4-5 days. The 14-21 days are for outliers and a better safe than sorry approach. If I got it, I am not likely the only one. If I and others report, it will be easier to triangulate transmission hot spots and carriers.

I may be wrong, but everything I read is 95% of cases have an incubation period of 4-5 days. The 14-21 days are for outliers and a better safe than sorry approach. If I got it, I am not likely the only one. If I and others report, it will be easier to triangulate transmission hot spots and carriers.

There was a report from China this last week with researchers saying the incubation period is 24 days. It seems there is really no completely reliable advice about Corona. A bit like someone in a dark room looking for the elephant, finding the tail and saying, "This elephant is really quite thin."

I would probably "self quarantine and stock up on meds/shopping to see you through the next couple of weeks" but the order is wrong ... you should be stocking up before you think there's a chance of catching anything so you don't have to go out once you're sick.

Likewise, if the virus reaches our island and starts making everyone sick, but I'm healthy, I will stay home and try to wait it out. I actually already stocked up, just in case. I could probably last a month or two without leaving the house right now without much inconvenience. I have a stand-alone freezer filled with meat, fruit, and vegetables; lots of canned/dried stuff, too, so I could survive without electricity if necessary. Not much emergency water, though. Guess I should get some!

I live alone and also have pets who rely on me. If I did start getting really sick, I'd put out tons of food and water for them before crawling off to bed.

I would probably "self quarantine and stock up on meds/shopping to see you through the next couple of weeks" but the order is wrong ... you should be stocking up before you think there's a chance of catching anything so you don't have to go out once you're sick.

Likewise, if the virus reaches our island and starts making everyone sick, but I'm healthy, I will stay home and try to wait it out. I actually already stocked up, just in case. I could probably last a month or two without leaving the house right now without much inconvenience. I have a stand-alone freezer filled with meat, fruit, and vegetables; lots of canned/dried stuff, too, so I could survive without electricity if necessary. Not much emergency water, though. Guess I should get some!

I live alone and also have pets who rely on me. If I did start getting really sick, I'd put out tons of food and water for them before crawling off to bed.
I guess re the stocking up, I was thinking about my situation here- a whatsapp message would get one of the family up at the house to go shop for us, they could hand stuff thru the gate :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back