Cost of Visa extension

Doug Kynoch

My wife and I both have a D212 Visa, multiple entry for 60 day stay.
We were quoted Rp 4,500,000 each for a thirty day extension, whereas a new D212 Visa only costs S$150 and is valid for a year.
I thought that extensions were free from previous Government notices.
Please enlighten me anyone.
Many Thanks
Doug

Rules changed 13th
Then again 14th
Extensions are 500rb

Was this the agent you went to?

Attachments

• CHKvKC4WcAAZHbF.jpg
    CHKvKC4WcAAZHbF.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 371
We were quoted Rp 4,500,000 each for a thirty day extension, whereas a new D212 Visa only costs S$150 and is valid for a year.
Many Thanks
Doug
My extension cost 500K IDR, no agent involved.

Yes can be different. Just apply as new
But sponsor will ask money maybe

Many Thanks
Doug
If your sponsor does the extension for you directly sending his/her staff, it will cost 500.000. If done by an agent, it is said that they have exposure to newly introduced "additional administration fees" that are now ranging from 500,000-2.000.000 per submitted application, leading to a high price.

Last edited:
If your sponsor does the extension for you directly sending his/her staff, it will cost 500.000. If done by an agent, it is said that they have exposure to newly introduced "additional administration fees" that are now ranging from 500,000-2.000.000 per submitted application, leading to a high price.

No I think that's just an agent charging their usual agent fee
There's no official extra charge for an agent doing it

You are paying an agent for their time and petrol and waiting and running back and forth

The price is the same. It's just quicker and easier to let someone else do all the donkey work
Some agents also can get things quicker
And immigration tends to give preference also to agents they know who work well and professionally

I don't mean bribes
I mean ones with a good track record. Even online your agent has a user name and profile
They can tell which agents always have their shit together and can be processed easily

Like the agents in SG who can do a kitas in 3 hours as opposed to doing it yourself takes a day (well 2 days really)

No I think that's just an agent charging their usual agent fee
There's no official extra charge for an agent doing it

You are paying an agent for their time and petrol and waiting and running back and forth

The price is the same. It's just quicker and easier to let someone else do all the donkey work
Some agents also can get things quicker
And immigration tends to give preference also to agents they know who work well and professionally

I don't mean bribes
I mean ones with a good track record. Even online your agent has a user name and profile
They can tell which agents always have their shit together and can be processed easily

Like the agents in SG who can do a kitas in 3 hours as opposed to doing it yourself takes a day (well 2 days really)

You are a very good and naive person. No mere to offend you. I was thinking the same as you a couple of years ago.

You are a very good and naive person. No mere to offend you. I was thinking the same as you a couple of years ago.
can you elaborate?
price is x if i do it myself
or i can pay more and let someone else do it

the breakdown of the extra is not my concern
if my agent example charges me 1.5 to do something that costs me 500, i will take into account the pros and cons of me going to immigration 3 times and my time and expenses for doing it, taxis, time and energy wasted etc, and i think well 1jt more is nothing to me and all i have to do is literally tell her i am at the u turn at buncit, and by the time i get to the 3rd floor she says just come in sit down smile and do your prints, and then thats it for a year

instead of faffing about queuing, waiting, photocopying shit etc etc

thats my personal decision, costs and benefits etc

i dont really understand your point, certainly i am not naive, i have been here a long time and im pretty street smart and well educated and knowledgable about these things, i pay extra for someone else to do it, it costs her 500 but she charges me 1.5

like the SG kitas guy, he charges s$270 for something i can do for s$170, but he can do it in 3 hours or I have to stay overnight to do it myself and queue and blah blah
I prefer to sit in the horizon club lounge in shangrila eating free sandwiches and drinking free cappuchino and be home again in jakarta by 7pm for the sake of s$100

in fact i have known my agent here 10years + and give her a lot of clients and i know how much is the official costs and she makes light of it but i know even as an agent she can get things done very quickly, she often explains to me the system they use online, user name process etc for agents because im just interested to know how it all works from them

anyway not sure really what you mean? yes my agent could do it for 500 but she would be out of pocket then for fuel, taxis, her time etc. thats her job, thats what she charges

its not like she tries to hide it, she says if you want to extend it costs x amount, of course we all know the official amount but thats what she charges me to do it for me

xyz ingredients cost x amount, get a chef to cook it and serve it to you on the 30th floor of a hotel and suddenly its 3xyz ++

just their overheads, profit etc
but for me personally and my agent she never hides how much she charges me for her services

whats that old triangle joke, you want it done fast, cheap and well done? pick any 2 from 3 lol

It’s pretty obvious what Centurion means. Many people who have been here a long time may share his opinions.

It’s pretty obvious what Centurion means. Many people who have been here a long time may share his opinions.
If so obvious then maybe you can explain what he means

I'm not arguing I'm just politely asking him to clarify his point
Or perhaps you can read his mind and do it for him?

Because I'm not naive but I totally do not understand his point. The official cost is 500rb. If an agent quotes a higher price that's their price for providing a service. Right? They are not saying the extension is 2jt. They are saying it's 2jt if you want them to do it all for you?
What am I missing here?
Anyone else confused?

If so obvious then maybe you can explain what he means

I'm not arguing I'm just politely asking him to clarify his point
Or perhaps you can read his mind and do it for him?

Because I'm not naive but I totally do not understand his point. The official cost is 500rb. If an agent quotes a higher price that's their price for providing a service. Right? They are not saying the extension is 2jt. They are saying it's 2jt if you want them to do it all for you?
What am I missing here?
Anyone else confused?

The member of the forum complained about the extension price he has been quoted.

I cannot make a claim on an open forum and I will only say - I have heard from people:

Somebody set the system smart not extorting individual applicants nor individual companies if applying for foreign employees, so random people would not make noise( and common people can make noise).

However, agents are subject to "additional fees" and operate in a closed system. Recently, the last 6-12 months system of "additional fees" became very sophisticated (new guard-new approach?), so no agent can avoid them if they do that as a business, meaning they do not represent themself as applicant's relatives, employers of the sponsor etc...Specially appointed coordinators exist for this kind of operation, to ease the collection.

In the last 6 months "additional fees" went through the roof, due to the "new normal sophisticated system" and lack of foreigners-applicants.

In that light, the member got a 30-day extension quotation of 4,5 million. The agent would earn only net 2 million if he is in the Island of Gods.

The worst situation is in the island of gods, however big durian is catching up.

A normal person would say-report to police, KPK, ombudsman. That actually happened some times ago, some agent reported a case to the police, and Director General of Immigration abolished all agent's licences. You can connect the dots.

That is what I have heard from people.

Ok well he said that's what an agent quoted him. Maybe an expensive agent. Maybe that agent has to pay some commission himself to others. Who knows

But I get your point

Either the agent was screwing him or his agent is stupid and getting screwed himself
I can only comment on my personal experiences with my own agent in Jakarta selatan / buncit immigrasi

Anyway it was a quote and he turned it down

It may have included the sponsorship fee as well? That's sometimes 2jt-5jt (for a sosbud)

If an agent quotes 4.5 jt or 45jt for his time, it's up to him. It doesn't matter who he has to pay up the chain, if anyone. The fact is that now there's a fixed price for everything at the immigration offices. No-one has to pay a single rupiah more than the official price.

I can walk for free to my nearest Alfa. However if I was in a real hurry I could pay a becak, a bluebird, or even a silverbird, or for someone to carry me on their back.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back