Confusion over ITAS to ITAP conversion

Back to the topic ..
Moving to a new address here, will involve a lot of steps and people like RT / RW ... for surats, permissions, ... makan banyak waktu dan keluar uang.

Btw what is a RT or RW? What are their positions? What surat are they giving for arranging a new KK or KTP?
I don't completely understand but outside of immigration, getting the new KTP and KK, all I needed was a letter from the leader of the neighborhood I moved into. Maybe that is what they are referring to? It's only been a year since I changed addresses so it's still fairly fresh in my memory. I don't remeber any extra costs involved unless my wife paid them without telling me.

I don't completely understand but outside of immigration, getting the new KTP and KK, all I needed was a letter from the leader of the neighborhood I moved into. Maybe that is what they are referring to? It's only been a year since I changed addresses so it's still fairly fresh in my memory. I don't remeber any extra costs involved unless my wife paid them without telling me.
Unless you own the house at your new address, you need a surat domisili. Not just a contract for renting a house or apartment. No! Management from the apartment building, e.g. if you rent an apartment, will give that to you, if the owner give written permission. Maybe one need a surat pindah? Etc. etc. etc. .. nobody trust each other here.

Last edited:
Unless you own the house at your new address, you need a surat domisili. Not just a contract for renting a house or apartment. No! Management from the apartment building, e.g. if you rent an apartment, will give that to you, if the owner give written permission. Maybe one need a surat pindah? Etc. etc. etc. .. nobody trust each other here.
We own the house (or technically my wife does) so maybe that made some differece?

I just ask my visa agent about this. I will post his answer.
His answer.

If you change you address, first step will be to make the change of address report for KITAP. The KITAP card will not be changed, you will just receive a report saying you have changed to a nee address in Jakarta.

Second step will be to change the address of KTP and KK. In this case the KTP card and KK will be changed. You will need to produce a Surat Domisili from Jakarta (when renting a house or apartment). You will not be required to go to immigration office but you may be required to go to Dukcapil when the KTP address is changed.

p.s.
Dukcapil is Civil Registry Office. You may have to go there in Jakarta.

Your wife cannot be on your KK because KK for foreigners and Indonesian is separate. You can only be one KTP if you become Indonesian citizen.

Last edited:
His answer.

Your wife cannot be on your KK because KK for foreigners and Indonesian is separate. You can only be one KTP if you become Indonesian citizen.
From everything I have been reading, family is now on the same KK including WNA. WNI will be listed as head of household. You need to be on the same KK for BPJS.

We went to a single KK years ago.

From everything I have been reading, family is now on the same KK including WNA. WNI will be listed as head of household. You need to be on the same KK for BPJS.

We went to a single KK years ago.
Today my wife and I went to Dukcatpil di Tangerang to 'urus' our KK. The head told us it cannot be done, because as far as I understand "server WNA" and "server WNI" are "blocked" .. his own words. So, there is no connection between the two databases. However, with some "persuation" he will try to put our names on 1 KK. But, he said in the future there will be some problems, maybe when we "pindah" ke Jakarta, later on.

Today my wife and I went to Dukcatpil di Tangerang to 'urus' our KK. The head told us it cannot be done, because as far as I understand "server WNA" and "server WNI" are "blocked" .. his own words. So, there is no connection between the two databases. However, with some "persuation" he will try to put our names on 1 KK. But, he said in the future there will be some problems, maybe when we "pindah" ke Jakarta, later on.
In this discussion about "Kartu Keluarga (KK)" this head of office mentioned that KK is implemented long time ago in Indonesia by the Dutch. Huh? That's is a surprise to me.

In The Netherlands we have to report birth, marriage and death to the government for registration in the "burgerlijke stand (civil status)", but we don't have a so-called "family certificate".

I am not an expert in the field of 'civil status registers', but as far as I know we don't have ... and certainly not use a "family certificate", like KK.

I said to this head of office. Maybe The Dutch implemented this registration of family members, but you (meaning: Indonesians) made the KK way to important. Only to buy a sim-card you need a KK? If I ask Indonesians about showing the KK for buying a sim card, they don't think it is aneh.

He said. Long time ago the KK is also "gengsi". A woman could show that she is married.
So, maybe I should post this in the thread of "Wonders and curiosities" ... meaning the Kartu Keluarga in Indonesia ... pakai untuk apa?

Untuk beli motor, car, house (bank loan) ... aneh. But, Indonesians are used to it.

Same as fish in a pond swimming. You tell the fish: "Hey you are swimming in dirty water (air kotor)". And the fish answer: "What water?".

Last edited:
I just got the message and draft KK in the mail. So, it looks like we will get a KK with both our names on it.

I just got the message and draft KK in the mail. So, it looks like we will get a KK with both our names on it.
Probably because someone didn't want to admit they were wrong and lose face.

No, he made it "susaaaah" and "banyak argument" .. to get money under the table.
So, you aloud him to illegally steal your money to do his job legally. Must have seen you coming a long way off. Just another bule contributing freely to and supporting the corruption in Indonesia.

So, you aloud him to illegally steal your money to do his job legally. Must have seen you coming a long way off. Just another bule contributing freely to and supporting the corruption in Indonesia.
Yes .. I think I look like a million dollars.
However, I still don"t have the KK. Yesterday we got a draft KK and suppose to get the pdf of KK by mail. But so far ... not yet.

And this is only step 1 to get the BPJS. Maybe when we go to the office of BPJS in Tangerang, I have to freely contribute again.

Last edited:
Yes .. I think I look like a million dollars.
However, I still don"t have the KK. Yesterday we got a draft KK and suppose to get the pdf of KK by mail. But so far ... not yet.

And this is only step 1 to get the BPJS. Maybe when we go to the office of BPJS in Tangerang, I have to freely contribute again.
So far .. I haven't recieved the KK yet. My wife thinks the head of office wants more money ..☹️

So far .. I haven't recieved the KK yet. My wife thinks the head of office wants more money ..☹️
I finally recieved the KK with both our names on it.
Next step is to apply for BPJS. My wife already has BPJS.

Samoerai said:
So far .. I haven't recieved the KK yet. My wife thinks the head of office wants more money .

Across some years from Sosbud to Kitas to Kitap we have never been asked for money. The requirement for fees to be paid into the bank rather than cash transactions at the Immigration offices seems to have reduced elements of corruption but by paying money "under the table" suggests this has created an impression that you are happy to payout to expedite your application. This has possibly set you up as a sitting duck.
1702381760742.png

Samoerai said:
So far .. I haven't recieved the KK yet. My wife thinks the head of office wants more money .

Across some years from Sosbud to Kitas to Kitap we have never been asked for money. The requirement for fees to be paid into the bank rather than cash transactions at the Immigration offices seems to have reduced elements of corruption but by paying money "under the table" suggests this has created an impression that you are happy to payout to expedite your application. This has possibly set you up as a sitting duck.
View attachment 3628
Could be ... I think I am the only bule in Tangerang, Cikupa area, looking like a million bucks in the eyes of the workers at Dukcatpil.

But we got what we wanted .. KK with both our names on it. Next step BPJS office.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke