Chinese Rabies Vaccine.

Davita

RIP
Charter Member
The Chinese vaccine scandal may only be a domestic issue but as the company involved produced most Rabies Vaccine I'm concerned that some may be stockpiled in Rabies prone areas of RI like Bali.
I've no way of knowing if this is fact but I'd caution anyone getting a Rabies vaccine to determine the source of the product.

"The controversy kicked off a week ago, when China's regulator announced that vaccine manufacturer Changsheng Biotechnology had violated standards in the production of a rabies vaccine.
The China Food and Drug Administration said in a statement that during an inspection on Monday, it found Changsheng fabricated production records and product inspection records, and arbitrarily changed process parameters and equipment.
The regulator ordered the company, which is China's second largest maker of rabies vaccine, to halt production and recall all of its products."

A little off the subject I just found out that rabies vaccines are free here. We had a vet come to our house for our newest dogs 5 in one vac. He then gave all of our cats (4 of them ) rabies shots at no charge. He then went over to our neighbors and gave shots to their dogs at no charge.

I was wondering is this a government thing or just this clinic? I alwas give them more then what they charge because they have a rescue shelter with a ton of animals and free adoptions. There name by the way is "Animal freinds of Manado" , a great Organization.

I was wondering is this a government thing or just this clinic? I alwas give them more then what they charge because they have a rescue shelter with a ton of animals and free adoptions. There name by the way is "Animal freinds of Manado" , a great Organization.

I had to pay for our dog so it may be the clinic.

The free rabies vaccination programs are normally on Kota (city) level, coordinated via the Kelurahan in collaboration with cat or dog lovers organizations. So for instance Jakarta Selatan had a free program for dogs (at the RW's). Also something in JakTim and JakUt, Balikpapan had a similar program for cats, etc.

It's often every (other) year. But I really wonder how they manage the cold chain here. Even in a supermarket that is already a problem for the ice cream, meat and fish.

A little off the subject ...

A little further off the subject. I was just wondering if the generous vet asked you to bend over, as well.

We took our dog to Pet Lovers at Block M, it was recommended by SteveandPenny on another thread, our Golden Retriever had the usual skin problems and all he annual injections were due, i.e. rabies, Weils disease etc, we paid for the skin treatment but the injections were free, a very nice vet and the Rabies serum came from germany

Last edited:
A little further off the subject. I was just wondering if the generous vet asked you to bend over, as well.
No he didn't lol , in fact I kind of felt we bent him over. One visit he came to our house and on our stainless steel counter top he sterilized one of our female cats and our male dog, the dog also got his second vaccine shots and did a quick check up on the rest of the herd. He drove 30 km to get here and brought a nurse. Total cost was about a million rupee, a piece of cake and a cup of coffee.

My comment did not deserve a serious reply, but sounds like you have a gem of a vet.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back