Children Dual Citizenship - Traveling internationally - affidavit card needed?

grueninger.mario

Hi,

My new born daughter has now an indonesian and a swiss passport. We are planing to travel to swiss in July. Does she need the affidavit card to leave indonesia? What about when she comes back? Is it necessary in her case to have the affidavit card?

Thank you very much :giggle:

If your daughter already has an Indonesian passport, and the Indonesian immigration is aware of her dual national status, then she does not need affidavit.

If you haven't already, you should report the dual nationality status to your local immigration office, so that they can annotate the Indonesian passport accordingly.

Hi dafluff

Thank you for the answer.

We do have this paper from the immigration in Gorontalo. Is this the one you mean (please check attachment)?

And i know there is a mistake from the Immigration that it says for other nationality Indonesian. We will fix this today at the Immigration. So that it says Switzerland there...

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi dafluff

Thank you for the answer.

We do have this paper from the immigration in Gorontalo. Is this the one you mean (please check attachment)?

And i know there is a mistake from the Immigration that it says for other nationality Indonesian. We will fix this today at the Immigration. So that it says Switzerland there...

Thank you

Hi, yes that is correct. So with this document, she can travel in and out of Indonesia with her Indonesian passport freely. So basically, leave Indonesia -> show Indonesian passport, enter Switzerland on Swiss passport, return to Indonesia -> show Indonesian passport.

PS: I have taken the liberty to delete the document as it contains a lot of personal information which you may not want to have shared in an open forum. :)

Hi,

I have 2 sons, and when we travel, we always bring the affidavit card for departure and arrival. Both sons do not have Indonesian passport, just registered born in Indonesia. Leave the original at home and bring a copy of the affidavit card while traveling abroad. According to Indonesian Immigration official, a copy of the affidavit card is valid document.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back