Child with two passports, but one will expire in August

Saudade

I have a child who has two passports. We are preparing our trip to go to Europe in June, and I just realized this afternoon my daughter passport from Europe will expire next August.
Always I get confuse which one to use to go outside Indonesia, I guess the one to use to enter in Europe it should be the European one, isn't it?
My first idea, was to renew her european passport after we will arrive there but I wonder now if she could be deny to enter in Europe because the european passport doesn't have six months validation.

You can not be refused entry in the EU if your passport of a member state is still valid. They theoretically can only refuse you if you're a hazard (safety, security, health, ...) Most countries accept their citizens even with an expired passport btw.

Getting a new passport in Europe is possible, but since the person is not domiciled there, many countries only allow that in certain dedicated cities (border-cities and capital). So be careful with that, often the consulate in Jakarta is a better idea.

Ok, thanks a lot, I will check today as well with the Embassy in Jakarta. To go outside of Indonesia and enter Indonesia we will use the Indonesian passport is right? sorry, for sure to enter Indonesia we will use the Indonesian passport but to go outside Indonesia? it is funny, it is this kind of question I keep forgetting, even when we travel every two years to Europe.
Have a beautiful day

Yes.

The best way to remember: Use the passport of the country that you are leaving or entering.

More and more countries are also using the services now of VFS Global for the passport renewal, not only for Schengen visa. It always takes quite some time to renew since the consulates don't do anything themselves and no embassy has blank passports; they have a central hub where the passports are sent to (HK, Bangkok, etc.).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TopTalent
Back
Top Bottom