Cat Sick in Jakarta

AnglaGadapee

Greetings!

We just came to Jakarta for a few weeks and 4 days have passed. Our cat, who was entirely fit while checking in the hotel is not walking well. I think she has some problem in her leg. I don't know any vet here or pet hospital or either I would go for x-ray? With online research, I found this article https://ourfitpets.com/health/everything-to-know-about-cat-x-ray/ but it is not telling anything about the reason of this leg issue.

Do you think I would go with a hospital with all of traveling documents and ask the doctors to have an x-ray of my cat? I am waiting for your serious suggestions. Can also tell me any number or address of a certified vet in the city as well.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Did she fall? Fight? Can be anything as infection, arthritis, thrombosis, hypokalemie (kidney, diabetic) etc. etc.

If you're really concerned, visit the praktek of doctor Cucu in Sunter. Open 24 hours. Most of the vets speak (some) English.

I think Cucu herself is specialized on bones and eyes. But popular and difficult to get hold of.

Last edited:

AnglaGadapee

I didn't notice either she fall or slipped anywhere as I was busy at collecting luggage and in taking care of documentation. That's why I want leg x-ray. Hopefully, you referred vet would help us in identifying the problem. I also trying to call my cat's vet. But yes, he can't check her.

Ruserious

I go to jakpetz in South Jakarta and they are really good. Lots of good vets around. Forget a normal doctor and just go to a vet

AnglaGadapee

I also don't want to go to a normal doctor but only for x-ray willing to visit the nearby hospital but now, for sure will visit the vet.

Felicity

how about Ragunan Animal Hospital? They also have 24 hours service

jstar

Mr. 10,000
What you see a lot here in those animal hospital and vet clinics, is the 'hairdresser syndrome' you see in salons in the west: beginning of career to build experience with the ambition to start something for themselves.

There are many young inexperienced vets who start their career there. Obviously against a low pay. Now they can have been exposed to newer techniques (which is positive), but also without a lot of experience (negative). And then after some time they leave to start up their own practice.

I've seen that quite a lot (e.g. Veterinarians Gunawan Rahardja), even quite some job hopping, and then you got to be somewhat lucky which doctor you end up with. And once you're happy with a certain vet, make sure you visit when that person works. Even follow that person around (seriously, I've seen it).

Mitian_Indau

Very sorry to hear that your cat is unwell, I think many of us will have faced similar circumstances in the past. I hope she will recover fully, pease be sure to update us on how she fares :)

AnglaGadapee

Thank you guys for your information. Taken an appointment to a nearby animal hospital. Hotel staff also helped. Just praying for the betterment of my cat as I would need to visit Istiqlal Mosque, Kota Tua and many more here and want to go for shopping as well. :cautious::cautious:

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Ok, good luck. And tell us about your experience with the vet clinic!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daedalus
Top Bottom