Cargo Bike

begbie

not bike friendly road here, but I'd like to look for cargo bike(box bike, bakfiets) in Indonesia.
European brands are very very expensive..1000 - 3000 Euro.. and there are some low price china products in market.

Anyone knows shop which sells unique bicycles in Indonesia ?

Thank you in advance..

I remember seeing something like that for sale in Ace Hardware a while ago.

Or you could always go for a becak:

tukang_becak.jpg

If you can't find anything ready made, you will have to look for a custom made one.

I don't know where you can buy one, but can I suggest taking a photo of what you want or drawing to one of the thousands of fabricators in Indonesia, maybe a workshop that builds food carts, and ask for a build. I'd wager it will be much cheaper and just as servicable.

Or you could always go for a becak:

tukang_becak.jpg

If you can't find anything ready made, you will have to look for a custom made one.

Exactly what I thought! It's just a becak with a box up front instead of a seat. I imagine in any city with becaks there are a handful of fabricators who specialize in them. Figure out who they are and get one custom built to your specifications.

There are manufacturers of motorcycle with a box on the back - tricycle - I have seen them in Kopo Bandung. I have seen small motor bebek with box in front but it was kind of self-made project. I would guess box in front for bicycle (qty 1-5) would have to be done in some local workshop. You just need a welder and show them your photo, technical drawings. Price depends on if you provide parts and materials or (more likely) the workshop has to source out by themselves.

If you are looking for qty enough to fill up 20' container then I would ask bicycle factories (there is one in Tangerang). Who knows maybe they have already done such a project.

Here in Bali, in the main Carrefour on Sunset, they have a section for electric bikes (Selsis?) and some of them are unusual and have facility for dual passenger etc. I imagine could easily be converted to a cargo bike and has the extra bonus of being electric as well as pedal powered.

Most seem to be in the range of Rp 3-5 Juta but I did spot a bigger model at Rp10 juta.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819