Car information and advice wanted.

Meanwhile with the present 2015 model we have a rust hole occurred at the top of the rear panel which opens up as the rear entrance. It is the size of a small coin. The insurance recommended bengkel sees the solution as to remove that whole back panel and replace it which seems incredibly wasteful not to mention needlessly expensive. We are in Bali in the Jimbaran area. Can anyone recommend a bengkel which might plug the hole, sand it and paint over it? Have thought maybe a surf board repair shop could do the job with fibreglass. Went to one near Puri Gading but post Covid it has closed.

And thank you everyone for responses to original post.
Go all in Indonesian & put a sticker on it :D

Well, I would go for the option of replacing it. Why would you prefer to plaster it?

Well it just seems such a wasteful and costly process to throw away that whole rear assembly with window. registration plate panel etc when the hole is not even as big as my thumbnail. Also I belong to that older generation of stingy Australians and with a grandmother always saying never waste food. So I can never have a meal without completely eating everything even if I don't particularly like it. Perhaps rather than asking for a recommended bengkel I should be asking for a recommended pysychiatrist.

Well it just seems such a wasteful and costly process to throw away that whole rear assembly with window. registration plate panel etc when the hole is not even as big as my thumbnail. Also I belong to that older generation of stingy Australians and with a grandmother always saying never waste food. So I can never have a meal without completely eating everything even if I don't particularly like it. Perhaps rather than asking for a recommended bengkel I should be asking for a recommended pysychiatrist.
I see. I had something similar in Holland. I asked to replace the door of my car, but the insurance wouldnot cover that. So, I had my door plastered😫

So are you telling me that if I give you 170jt now you would rather buy a 13 year old Chevrolet (in Indonesia!) rather than a brand spanking new Chinese car from the showroom, full option, warranty, etc etc etc ?

Ok.
YES, I would take the old one. known technology, late model, no 'children sickness' reliable engines with known problems and so on. And last but not least: no unneeded fancy stuff inside which no one needs and which is a source of big problems.

170 jt for a car? not relally big money, compared to the 300 jt plus for a new one. I have to add, that I do not change cars, ones bought, I use dem 15 + Years, basically till it realy dies. (yes also my old 13 year old Chevy I will keep at least 10 years.)

Total cost: approx. 1.5 jt per month over the 10 years period. I'll sleep good with those numbers.

Today grab was a Wulang Cortez.
Very cool
7 seats
But 2 single armchair style and a 3 bench backseat. Like Alphard etc. But not as big.
Leather seats too

Leather is the skin of any animal right?
Ok well not plastic vinyl
But leatherette

My father bought the Cortez when it first came out (maybe a year after can't remember). Asked him to wait just a little, only to be replied..."I'm old this is the last car I'm gonna drive, while I still can blablabla" (took me on a quick trip to the guilt lane for free!) so yes of course he got what he wanted..no big deal for me as it's his money. Car surprisingly works quite well with reasonably minimal trip to the service dept. It did have an issue with not being able to be started and dad panicked etc. His driver told me about it later on...was told the problem was dad over creative with his time and money, added some 'fuel efficiency gadget' to the car...and after a brief lecture from the dealership to the driver, took it off...then it solved the problem.

Apparently dad forgot about it 'being the last' car...sent me a while ago a link to the Wuling EV...I was like hey, cute lil car...ok. He turned out sent to my brother also, which long story short didn't agree him buying the EV. Heyyyy so last month he was happy to have an Alvez as the second car....(kinda worked to my benefit as one day I got to pinjam due to odd/even number plate...)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke
Back