Can my husband apply for Kitas with my temporary KTP?

Lila

My husband (U.S. citizen) and i (Indonesian citizen) married in U.S.A. and will be making a permanent move to Indonesia soon. He just received his Social Visa from Indonesian Consulate. My KTP card and Family card do not reflect we are married as we haven't updated it yet, but will do so upon arrival. He will apply for Kitas within days of our arrival. Will immigration accept the A4 form ((temporary KTP?) and other documents (marriage certificate) registered with Indonesian Consulate in lieu of my updated KTP and family card showing married which takes about 3 weeks to get so we can move forward in applying for my husbands Kitas? ...or do we have to have the updated KTP and family card in hand already?

Last edited:

lifelongexpat

Cager
A temporary A4 paper KTP is acceptable as long as its been updated to reflect your new marital status. My wife used one the first time she applied for my Kitas when there was the disruption of eKTP's being issued.

Lila

A temporary A4 paper KTP is acceptable as long as its been updated to reflect your new marital status. My wife used one the first time she applied for my Kitas when there was the disruption of eKTP's being issued.
Thank you so much for responding! ☺

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Hi Lila,

Which route did you plan to take to get the (K)ITAS for your husband? Convert the visit visa (sosial budaya) when you're in Indonesia?

The reason I ask is that multiple people have encountered issues with that. Immigration told them it is not possible anymore and they had to leave the country to take the 'VITAS route'.

So it might be safer to apply in the KBRI and get approval while still abroad.

NB: the diagrams with methods used, which I copied from a KBRI site for the last post in that thread, are missing...

Lila

Hi Lila,

Which route did you plan to take to get the (K)ITAS for your husband? Convert the visit visa (sosial budaya) when you're in Indonesia?

The reason I ask is that multiple people have encountered issues with that. Immigration told them it is not possible anymore and they had to leave the country to take the 'VITAS route'.

So it might be safer to apply in the KBRI and get approval while still abroad.

NB: the diagrams with methods used, which I copied from a KBRI site for the last post in that thread, are missing...
Thank you for response jstar! My husband spoke with Indonesian Consulate in Houston, Texas. It is true. Can apply for KITAS while in Jakarta on Social Visa but must go out of country for a couple days, i.e. - Singapore to get Telex. We applied online through E-Consular of Indonesia for Social Visa (Family) and mailed documents to Houston. We recently received his passport with Social Visa. We will depart for Indonesia on 1 August 19. I still need to update family card and KTP showing married upon arrival and of course need that for his KITAS application. It's all good. A few days in Singapore will be fun! Only recommendation...if your family card and KTP are already updated then apply for VITAS from the start to simplify process. 😃

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanmaro