Bringing medication into Indonesia

colroe

Charter Member
I am returning to Indo next week. I intend to bring 3 months supply of heart, prostate and arthritis meds back with me. Is this an issue with customs in Indonesia? Of course, no opiates. Constructive advice welcomed. Tks

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Here more info:

So prepare the statement, even if the chances are you dont need to show any further proof. And mention it on the customs form. Now there should be a representative of the Ministry of Health at Customs who can check if the medication description matches the contents.

And this is published by multiple KBRI's:

LAST UPDATED ON 08 MAY 2014
If you are travelling to Indonesia and you are bringing medication with you, there should be no problem at the customs if it is clear that the medicine is for personal use. You must declare your medication by using customs declaration (CD) and present a letter from your physician stating the amount of medicine you use per day and the listing of the medication and/ or a copy of original prescription to customs officer. If you are questioned about the medication by the customs officer, you need to have these documents to prove that the medication is legally prescribed.

It is prohibited to bring narcotics into the Country. If you are bringing medicines containing narcotics you must declare your medication by using customs declaration (CD) and present a physician's letter that states the reason for taking the medicine and a copy of original prescription to customs officers. Medications with narcotics substance must be in their original packaging, and the dosage quantity must not exceed the duration of the visit.

Physician letter, the listing of the medication and a copy of original prescription must be translated into Indonesian or English. These documents do not require Embassy legalization .

Last edited:

Sarah

Just NEVER bring any kinda illegal drugs. Too much repeated news already about it. It’s annoying when news only focus about that for the whole month while a lot of other people need attention and help from media about poverty and jobless or lack of access to foods and education.

vocalneal

Cager
I went to Indo last year on a work visa, I took 3 months supply of blood pressure medication in my checked in bag..

I didn't ask, I didn't tell.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Now that goes for everything of course, you can take; more than 1 liter of alcohol, more than 100 million in cash......but the moment they decide to check you.....

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Now that goes for everything of course, you can take; more than 1 liter of alcohol, more than 100 million in cash......but the moment they decide to check you.....
I understand what you mean and intend to warn about and agree with you.

There is a however a difference between alcohol and cash. Taking in more than 100 millions in cash is absolutely legal and authorized as long as you declare it, which is a simple prodedure (as much as an Indonesian procedure can be simple). Bringing more than 100 millions and not declaring it would be silly and begging for troubles. As you said, if they check on you...

Taking more than 1L of alcohol, declared or not, is not legal. Seizure and destruction (or discussion with the custom officers) awaits you.

Bringing in drug medication is no problem if you declare it AND bring with you the proper prescription and if they are in reasonable quantities (ie: what y ou need during y our stay )

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diorama
Top Bottom