BPJS and Retirement KITAP

Bjarne

I live in Bali on Retirement KITAP. Is it possible to be covered by BPJS - and is BPJS approved as the mandatory health insurance needed when you reply for KITAP?

It is not possible to be covered by BPJS while being on retirement KITAP. BPJS does not accept applications from foreigners unless they are employed. Another loophole would be if you are a foreigner on KITAP on Indonesian spouse's KK.

Thank you very much. Does spouse in this context mean that you are married? And what does KK mean?

Thank you very much. Does spouse in this context mean that you are married? And what does KK mean?
Yes, spouse means married, and this only applies to being married to an Indonesian citizen, on their KK (kartu keluarga, family card). But if you were married to an Indonesian citizen you likely would not be pursuing the retirement visa, just get the spouse visa.

So the answer to your original question is a very simple NO.

It is not possible to be covered by BPJS while being on retirement KITAP. BPJS does not accept applications from foreigners unless they are employed. Another loophole would be if you are a foreigner on KITAP on Indonesian spouse's KK.
that seems to be incorrect as I had a discussion with one of the expatindo members on fb regarding, his situation; 70 years old, not working (but worked in the past in Indonesia), spouse sponsored kitap, separate KK, went to bpjs with his wife, pp and kitap and was issued a bpjs card a few days later.

to be on your Indonesian spouses KK, not possible when you are still on your 5 year KITAP, once you renew indefinitely I think it is possible.

to be on your Indonesian spouses KK, not possible when you are still on your 5 years KITAP, once you renew indefinitely I think it is possible.

I have been on my spouse's KK from the first KITAP.

In Jakarta foreigners with separate KKs from their spouses could not get BPJS insurance recently. The mentioned forum member probably got his BPJS earlier. He is now in the database and he only needs to pay his dues.

If you have read BPJS regulations, BPJS health is explicitly allowed and obligatory only for foreigners that work for more than 6 months. It is also allowed for dependants but does not mention dependant locals or foreigners although, and here foreigners have the opportunity to get it based on foreign spouses, and the proof of dependency is a joint KK.

If somebody has a recent experience will be good to hear.

I have been on my spouse's KK from the first KITAP.

In Jakarta foreigners with separate KKs from their spouses could not get BPJS insurance recently. The mentioned forum member probably got his BPJS earlier. He is now in the database and he only needs to pay his dues.

If you have read BPJS regulations, BPJS health is explicitly allowed and obligatory only for foreigners that work for more than 6 months. It is also allowed for dependants but does not mention dependant locals or foreigners although, and here foreigners have the opportunity to get it based on foreign spouses, and the proof of dependency is a joint KK.

If somebody has a recent experience will be good to hear.
In my case as orang asing with Indonesian spouse; we verified today with sudin Jakarta Barat, and what I have put in Bold in your comment we believe is correct, or have a joint KK which is also mentioned in your comment.

people love to pass along hearsay. What was mentioned above was that you could get BPJS if you are spouse sponsored. Then someone comes along and says, wrong, you must be on a spouse sponsored KITAP. Geesh, read.

Now I am seeing all this you must have a combined KK. I have an individual KK, KITAP, and BPJS. Where are people learning that KITAP holders are on their spouses KK. I believe you can not be unless you become a citizen. Maybe just that normal Cat Sip hasn't any clues to what laws actually say.

people love to pass along hearsay. What was mentioned above was that you could get BPJS if you are spouse sponsored. Then someone comes along and says, wrong, you must be on a spouse sponsored KITAP. Geesh, read.

Now I am seeing all this you must have a combined KK. I have an individual KK, KITAP, and BPJS. Where are people learning that KITAP holders are on their spouses KK. I believe you can not be unless you become a citizen. Maybe just that normal Cat Sip hasn't any clues to what laws actually say.
Interesting comments from you about the other posts on this topic, lecturing others and ranting about hear say while you believe that one cannot be added to their spoused KK, which the officials already told us on the phone that you can. Anything useful you can add to the discussion would be appreciated, tx.

Currently bpjs is becoming more complicated to get for mixed married , when i got it around 6 years ago they wanted me on my wifes kk , but there are regional differences now it seems , in one area the docs are like this, in another like that which is fairly common here unfortunately .
Now they require a ktp oa as well as jt kk . At a recent perca meeting in bali , they have done an exersize with bpjs to assist mixed married to get bpjs for their spouses because they were having difficulties.

I'm on my wife's KK since I got KTP-OA. They just say that the WNA can't be the kepala keluarga...whatever. No idea if this is actually the correct ruling or not...:LOL:

Interesting comments from you about the other posts on this topic, lecturing others and ranting about hear say while you believe that one cannot be added to their spoused KK, which the officials already told us on the phone that you can. Anything useful you can add to the discussion would be appreciated, tx.
Show us something that someone on Spouse sponsored KITAP should be added to the WNI KK.

Sure, I am well aware they do that but are they correct in doing so? I think not. You must be assuming that all the officials know what they are talking about. Guess how many expats get something done in one place, move to another and the new place says wrong, have to do it different and that different ends up being wrong too.

We are not assuming anything, and neither do we go with hearsay, we verify with officials. And as a contrast to your negative views of local officials, we don't share that view. Examples; my wife and I have processed my kitas and my current kitap (up for renewal next year) by ourselves without any issues and the utmost cooperation from the officials with crystal clear information provided in the most friendly way. Legalising documents over the years? No issues at all! My guess is that a lot depends with what kind of attitude you approach the officials, if your attitude sucks they have every right to let you run around in circles!

We are not assuming anything, and neither do we go with hearsay, we verify with officials. And as a contrast to your negative views of local officials, we don't share that view. Examples; my wife and I have processed my kitas and my current kitap (up for renewal next year) by ourselves without any issues and the utmost cooperation from the officials with crystal clear information provided in the most friendly way. Legalising documents over the years? No issues at all! My guess is that a lot depends with what kind of attitude you approach the officials, if your attitude sucks they have every right to let you run around in circles!
I never have gotten a run around and never paid a single rupiah that wasn't required by law. Never used an agent and I have had Sosbuds, Kitas, and Kitaps.The thing is, I go into a door having the laws in hand if needed. It has always been advised in these forums and the former one by those that stay current with Indonesian laws to know what the hell you are doing when you walk into a door. I have received some miss information and some very creative information but sorry, many government officials are not up on the laws they are supposed to be working with in. Not all of course, I have great Immigration personnel where I am located. Well. all but one that thinks foreigners are a quick payoff. Problem is, he thinks that because he has benefited from others by it. If you don't go in knowing the current laws and procedures, of course you will just take their word for it. I have also had the hands out and you need something you really don't but it will cost you government officials. That actually led to calling the Attorney Generals Office and a Power Point Presentation submitted to high ups that cause the head to be fired and three other reassigned where they never come in contact with people. No, best to have some clue.

By the way Hbm. You just go and do whatever you feel is good for you. Frankly, I really don't care if you do things right or wrong. Just don't tell everyone to just up and take government officials at their word.

By the way Hbm. You just go and do whatever you feel is good for you. Frankly, I really don't care if you do things right or wrong. Just don't tell everyone to just up and take government officials at their word.
By the way fp17, we will certainly do whatever is good for our family as it has worked great for us so far. Your last comment in particular, telling me what I should or should not do, is just background noise, which certainly does not require to be addressed further.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back