Booze, Spirits, Wine & Beer

William King

Charter Member
Cager
Someone recently posted an online shop in Jakarta that they bought booze from.... but for some reason I cannot find the post.

El_Goretto

Cager
Very timely thread. I'm desperately looking for Creme de Cassis, it's a blackcurrent liqueur. Anybody seen this?

Euc-

Charter Member
Cager
Just looked over the list my booz supplier send me a few weeks ago. Let me know if you'd like me to check with him on availability as that fluctuates on a daily basis.

LIQUOR / TEQUILA / RUM / GIN / MARTINI:

Bols Creme Cassis: 320

El_Goretto

Cager
Just looked over the list my booz supplier send me a few weeks ago. Let me know if you'd like me to check with him on availability as that fluctuates on a daily basis.

LIQUOR / TEQUILA / RUM / GIN / MARTINI:

Bols Creme Cassis: 320

Yes, I'd like that very much! Should I PM you?

gemima

Cager
The Happy fresh app delivers alcohol from Red & White and some of the supermarkets (although none of the Red & White shops are delivering during ramadan). Beyond Jakarta I don't know what the happy fresh saturation is like (they aren't in Bali yet as far as I am aware).

William King

Charter Member
Cager
Could you send me one to please, I need a new supplier since I lost the number of my last guy

Euc-

Charter Member
Cager
Could you send me one to please, I need a new supplier since I lost the number of my last guy

Let me ask if he's OK with his number being shared like this and I'll send you a PM asap.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
I have used their shops. A friend of mine uses the delivery- but they seem to pride themselves on being the best in their game

gerrardtorres

I can get WolfBlass Yellowtail - Shiraz, Merlot, or Pinot Grigio - for 300,000 per bottle but must be a minimum order of 12 bottles per type.

Pick up in BSD city.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
The problems with all these websites as above and wineshopindonesia.com etc., is that they are rather limited and never have everything. It is always searching and cherry picking.

And try to find the right ingredients here for your Aperol Spritz, Negroni and Tiramisu (Marsala). Esp. aperitifs and digestifs can be a problem.

For wines, I did find the suppliers at the wine & cheese expo had/have quite a nice selection.
http://www.wineandcheeseexpo.com/expo

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
The Peak isn't so much a website as a small chain of shops that have a website too.

Flubadub

I have heard of the Kemang Duty Free shop as a place to go. I have read different things about who can purchase there. Do you need a diplomatic passport to buy there or just a foreign passport? If I have a kitas does that help or hurt? If you have purchased there, what are your thoughts?

I have been to Red & White and Ranch Markets "99" wine shops and do find things expensive, I also find that I end up buying better quality bottles as I am better able to "justify" these prices (even though more expensive) than the cheaper ones.

After being told multiple times, I finally went to the Koi Kemang (it is what expats are supposed to do). Their wine list and prices are written on a large wall and it seems to me that their prices are pretty reasonable (this is from one used to NA restaurants with wine 2 - 3 X retail), I should have asked then for take out!

Regarding Koi Kemang, I will go back, I now understand this better.

Maybe I will just do my wine drinking at the restaurants, not driving anyway.

Adjusting.

William King

Charter Member
Cager
I have heard of the Kemang Duty Free shop as a place to go. I have read different things about who can purchase there. Do you need a diplomatic passport to buy there or just a foreign passport? If I have a kitas does that help or hurt? If you have purchased there, what are your thoughts?

Sometimes you need a red diplomat passport, sometimes you need nothing. (Friday prayer time is a good time to go) - KITAS will not help. Great variety, prices used to be much cheaper than red and white etc. (I haven't been there for years)

Anglian

Charter Member
Cager
Like you William I haven't been for years, they asked for my passport, told them I forgot it, so the bill was made out to a French lady at the French Embassy , so thanks for that, in French of course, Merci

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hindustanuniv
Top Bottom