Best food to get delivered during Covid-19 lockdown

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
We like to go out to eat once or twice a week, normally. Now that it’s pretty difficult to do so, finding places open and delivering can be harder than normal.

Some delivery services tack on 10-20% higher fees for food, plus a delivery fee. Buying direct from the restaurant usually helps them more, if they have their own delivery drivers.

Supporting restaurants now is important to help them weather these tough times.

Many places have specials. Here are some places I like in Bandung.

Pie World. Get the larger meat pies. The beef (A), black pepper beef (B) and rendang (J) are my favorites. They used to give 10% off larger orders, haven’t seen this lately. Pies are 30k each or so.

Yoshinoya beef bowls. They often have specials, 3 regular beef bowls for 90k. Small bowls, but nice. They just introduced meat packs, that have 2-3 times the meat of a regular bowl. Buy 1 for 70k, 3 for 60k each, or 5 for 50k each. This last one is the only deal I’d get.

They also give you two rice packs per meat pack. I like their spicy black pepper beef a lot.

Any other places you guys like? Big, small, doesnt matter.

I’m hankering for some good sushi and Japanese food!

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Our Yoshinoya was great the first 6 -7 months in existance here but then their portion sizes took a drastic downturn. Chicken piece sizes were close to half of the previous ones.

We get deliveries rarely and would rather cook at home. When we do it is mainly pizza from pizza hut since we have no dominoes and order 2 or 3 large pizzas to carry over because we like it cold too. KFC by the bucket so that stretches out for a few days. Not much for other places.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
In Jakarta, I recommend Fried Chicken Master at Block M Plaza.

Granted I am bias since a friend owns it, but to me they have the best friend chicken. Think of a mix between KFC original and crispy skin on their chicken.

gemima

In Jakarta, I recommend Fried Chicken Master at Block M Plaza.

Granted I am bias since a friend owns it, but to me they have the best friend chicken. Think of a mix between KFC original and crispy skin on their chicken.
YES! I 100% agree - The fried chicken from that place is really good. I'm not friends with the owner so not biased :)

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
I’ve been hankering for sushi lately. My wife picked up some from Setiabudi supermarket, but it’s just not the same.

I prefer Zenbu for Japanese food, but they’re not open at the moment in Bandung.

I settled for Sushi Tei. They currently have 20% off their menu.

They were out of salmon, which is going to make my daughter sad. Still, everything else was pretty good.

17 items, from Tuna Maki, to Eel, ebi and avocado super dragon roll. About 600k including tax and service.

This is a lot of sushi, and our splurge for the week.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndoSteph
Top Bottom