• We have just upgraded to Xenforo 2.1. We still have a few things to iron out while the forum is live. If you see any bug, please let us know. Any question? Feel free to ask.
  • We have done a little bit of house cleaning with the forums and certain threads.

Read more about it here.
  • We had an error with our database this morning.

It has now been fixed but let us know if you are still facing any trouble.

Bea Cukai processing time

wong_inggris

Dear forum members

I hope I can tap into other forum members rich experience. I have started importing apparel from the UK. This is now my second occasion. I just want to say that I know that generally the number of items being imported into Indonesia has increased and is continuing to increase year by year. However, the time it takes my items to get through customs does seem painstakingly long. On average from the time my item is received by Bea Cukai in Jakarta, passing through x-ray and inspection, the calculation of tax payable, until the time it is permitted to continue on its journey is averaging 16 days. I always include the invoice within the package. I also state my NWPW on the invoice to assist the customs officer in the calculation of tax. My question is, am I being unrealistic in thinking it should be quicker and I should just accept that this is how long it takes, or is there anything else that I can do to speed up the process? I'm thinking practical tips like enabling the invoice to be viewed from the transparent windows you often see on packaging. Any tips would be warmly received.

Kind regards.

wong_inggris

snpark

Cager
Customs is a grey area, I know people connected who travel and bring back cases of wine, cigars etc with no problems and small businesses just trying to import fabric takes them months to clear.

Sadly it is still all about money and backers / agents / sponsors / contacts

Just a complete shot in the dark, is it easier to send it to a less lucrative area example Manado which seems pretty simple for customs, then transport it domestically.

Jakarta customs is notoriously slow and expensive.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Do you have an import license, I wonder? Without one I'm surprised you'd even get it in on a regular base.

Esp. textiles is a rather difficult area with many constraints btw.

Many import via Batam. So have the products arrive there. There have been major issues and huge delays lately by a new system.

wanderer

Many import via Batam.
With the new changes and online system for customs, Batam redline, even on domestic shipments is super crazy long. My last 2 shipments took 2 weeks to clear redline I now don't bother ordering from Batam, even though it was the cheapest option, in most cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sidavies59
Top Bottom