BCA Business

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Anybody here uses BCA Business? That thing is more impractical and clunkier than crap...tried to do one single transfer since two days ago...tried to do a post dated transfer first, it was denied because it expired (seems a recurring theme with post dated stuff..even with regular klik bca). Tried to do the same transfer today and for some reason it never went through. Tried it again this evening with my internet at home (more stable). I thought it made it..then I checked the pending status, it was not there.

At least with regular klik bca, I know right away if something is pending, or did not go through for any reason...I just laughed (in pain) when I tried to search for a review and i saw many slogans of BCA business helping you doing things easier!!

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
I applied for a BCA account a few years back when I was on a retirement KITAS. The application was rejected. I guess I should be counting my blessings.

dafluff

Cager
BCA is my least favorite Bank. They build a massive consumer base long time ago when there weren't many alternatives, and when predominantly Chinese Indonesian business preferred not to do business with government owned banks.

They are riding that critical mass advantage ever since. Other than that they are terrible: online banking interface is clumsy, branches are understaffed, leading to the endearment of Bank Cape Antre....:doh:

snpark

Cager
Each to their own I guess, I have been with BCA 10years and never had any problem and find their online banking to be excellent, easy to use, fast, simple etc etc. Even customer service pretty good. I guess it depends where your branch is, when you visit etc etc.

Now, CIMB, Mandiri, now they are really bad.

BCA has been pretty good for me. HSBC also (for Int'l transfers)

I have other accounts but I always recommend BCA first or a BCA HSBC combo for expats

But again, every has their own experiences. Does depend where you are.

William King

Charter Member
Cager
Each to their own I guess, I have been with BCA 10years and never had any problem and find their online banking to be excellent, easy to use, fast, simple etc etc. Even customer service pretty good. I guess it depends where your branch is, when you visit etc etc.

Now, CIMB, Mandiri, now they are really bad.

BCA has been pretty good for me. HSBC also (for Int'l transfers)

I have other accounts but I always recommend BCA first or a BCA HSBC combo for expats

But again, every has their own experiences. Does depend where you are.
My wife is very happy with BCA also.

I am moderately happy with CIMB and HSBC.

snpark

Cager
I really only use HSBC to send / receive int'l money which I then shift to BCA and also for my big savings where I have a lot of Gov't bonds held in trust with them for secure income ORI11 and some others that pay 8.75% or at least most of them above 8% p.a anyway

BCA is my primary domestic bank and card, satisfied so far

El_Goretto

Cager
I use Jenius and only ever use BCA to transfer from BCA to jenius.

For day to day, Jenius is far superior:
- instant transfers to pretty much any Indonesian bank
- 25 free transactions per month
- Visa debit card with 100jt daily limit that works anywhere in the world and online
- multiple virtual cards available for family members, staffs, etc with custom limits
- built-in saving accounts from which to debit/withdraw anytime
- built-in borrowing system (micro credit) if needed
And I must forget some.

All of this available from an app which I can unlock with a fingerprint.

No need to visit amy branch to apply. All done from the app. From signing up to having the visa debit card in hand ready to use = less than 24 hours without having to leave home.

Sorry, it doesn't really help answering the OP.

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
I stopped using bca some years ago after many phishing incidents in bali ,me included ,and of course not 1 rup in compensation , many excuses cameras not working etc, basically they didnt give a sh1t . I use mandiri ,with immediate notifications by sms of any withdrawls over 1 juta ,so far so good.

Jamu

Charter Member
Cager
BCA claims that their debit cards now use the embedded chip for transactions, instead of the magnetic strip, greatly increasing security and making it much harder to copy the card via phishing...

snpark

Cager
bca also has text message notifications for credit and debit purchases, withdrawals etc and even the double verification when they text you a pin for online purchases

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
All I got from bca 4 years ago , was a basic F###k you !

After many visits to customer services ,. they suggested I take them to court , sure !
a bule taking a bank to court of course I would win :tongue1:

Now thats customer service :suspicious:

I wouldnt leave a "dead rat" in their safekeeping .

Other wise I would recommend them highly !

centurion

Cager
My experience is positive with BCA. I use BCA for individuals and BCA business for the company already 6 years.
Their e-banking is really user-friendly. Exchange rates in e-banking are I think the best and often better than moneychanger. E-banking is excellent and fees are low.
If you are doing retail business BCA is the bank of choice. However, loans in BCA are not cheap, and it is a very conservative bank.

I use Mandiri business as well. Mandiri is not so good in fees but has some serious advantages: no fees for interbank transfers if you do trough clearing, not so bad exchange rates, a lot of banking products (US term deposits are good, flexible in approving loans, collateralizing CDs). They are generally more flexible as they are a government bank so they can take more risk.

Basically, when you get e-banking you will no need to deal with the physical bank anymore, at least from these 2 banks.

I also used HSBC until recently. They are definitely the most idiotic bank in Indonesia, and they are morons from bottom to up. If you deal with them it is like you deal with Catatan Sipil in Tebih Tinggi, North Sumatra. The advantage that they do fast fund transfers does not change this fact.

El_Goretto

Cager
bca also has text message notifications for credit and debit purchases, withdrawals etc and even the double verification when they text you a pin for online purchases
Jenius also has all of this, I forgot to mention.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Quite a few responses...thanks! So after a good 24 hours of waiting...my finance department called them...(I sent an email to my finance person to check with them to ask various questions)...why after getting a new token I can't do any transfer after filing out all the forms and answering all the questions....turned out, they didn't check all the info...the amount of transfer limit per day..asking for too many different info themselves they didn't know what to check! *facepalm* but supposedly all is good now...

harryopal

Charter Member
The trouble with life is everything is confusing and especially if you have only half a brain as in my case. Confusion is compounded when I speak a few words of Indonesian and the banking representative speaks just a few words of English.

Adding to the chaos is that banks have different systems in different countries. I applied a few weeks ago for a credit card with BCA with which I already have established accounts. In order to get a credit card I have to lock funds in my main account so that the bank has my money should I use credit and disappear which I guess is not irrational if the customer is a foreigner.

Just had a discussion on the phone (fortunately my wife was there to help with our various misunderstandings. ) My application has been approved and then the question was would I like an "Every day card" or the other card. The Every day card costs more per year than the "other card." So, I ask, "What is the difference between the two cards." Answer, "No different. They are the same". So why would I pay more for an "Every day card" if they are the same?

So, it seems there is some kind of difference but anyway I am now approved to use an Every day "credit card" which will not really function as a credit card as it will make debits on my bank account as I use it. And I will pay interest. The main purpose is for making on line bookings or purchases although my wife seems to think I could also do that with my debit card. As a former retailer I could use a customer's debit card in the shop in Aus but could not process a debit card if a customer rang. They had to use a credit card.

All that aside, I really can't understand why BCA has such a poor website where you can only get monthly statements and not see day to day transactions to look back on payouts in the last couple of days or months. Ahh well. Life goes on and whatever happens the banks make money

snpark

Cager
All that aside, I really can't understand why BCA has such a poor website where you can only get monthly statements and not see day to day transactions to look back on payouts in the last couple of days or months. Ahh well. Life goes on and whatever happens the banks make money

Erm you can?? On klikbca you can get daily / monthly transactions and statements for accounts and credit cards also?

harryopal

Charter Member
The website says this:
Notes :
* Daily statement information is only available for the past 31 days.
* Monthly statement shows statement of 1 month ago and 2 months ago

Often in preparing statements of expenditures it had been necessary to track back through the financial year. I suppose if one is in the habit of printing out monthly statements it is not a problem but for random searches it seems limiting.

centurion

Cager
In the menu, you have "e-statement", you can download account statements for the last 12 months.

harryopal

Charter Member
Thank you. As explained earlier, you must understand I am functioning with just half a brain.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
massagejogjadotcom
Top Bottom