BBQ parts

Flubadub

Been here 2 months and it has been a whirlwind of sorts, mostly good. My gas BBQ arrived Friday. It is of the North American variety and connects to a propane tank, see below.

05195000_L.jpg

I am trying to find a connector or adapter of sorts to allow me to hook up to the tanks that are common in Jakarta. The gas injectors / nozzles manifold connect to the current hose with some sort of threaded JIC or flare fitting.
So far I have not been too far off the beaten path and have not found any nice solution. I noticed that ACE is selling BBQs that have the same fittings that I have and they don't sell any adapters. I am hoping that I don't have to cut a hose and use a barbed fitting to press fit and hose clamp it in place. My North American ignorance has me cringing at that (even though as I think about it, our cook top is set up that way I believe).

So my question is where could I look to find parts to hook up a gas bottle to my BBQ?

There must be a good nuts and bolts type hardware store that I could go to, I just don't know where it is.

Cheers,

William King

Charter Member
Cager
I am hoping that I don't have to cut a hose and use a barbed fitting to press fit and hose clamp it in place.

Yep.. that is probably easiest, but once empty, how do you plan to fill it again?

Just get a local bottle and hook up.

Davita

RIP
Charter Member
I had the same problem and ACE then did sell an adapter but I haven't seen one in a while.
You might look at the BBQ end of your hose to see if you can convert your BBQ to directly receive the local connector/hose that connects to the bottle....before thinking of splitting the hose.
Barbed fittings and double-hose clamps are common use here on ELPIGI.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hindustanuniv
Top Bottom