Art for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
I work with the artist Olla Manelo who needs to make space for her new work.
She has a series of pictures to sell.
The first painting to be bought will go for the massively discounted price of 5million IDR, subsequent pictures in the series are 50 million IDR.
Oil on canvas, dimensions 130cm x 90 cm, signed, with certificate, the artist will happily pose for a photo beside her work for provenance.

She has a website http://ollamaneloart.com/ (currently under construction) Please direct email to [email protected]

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager

I recognized her style straight away, my sister has one of her paintings.
I have made Olla aware of this. She states she most certainly has not copied any other artist, her work is her own.
Here's Olla's IG page:

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Someone clearly has.
Not something I am going to get into here.

I can say that Olla is not happy that someone is implying she has copied work. However she takes imitation of her work as flattery.
A lot of her work is performance art and created live in front of an audience, not really something that can be faked.

IGI

This is from Olla instagram and it can be clearly seen that this painting is the exact same painting as one sold by Monika.

The bottom of the picture has been cropped

Here is the painting sold by Monika

Monika Luniak has a distinct style, are you saying that Monika is taking Olla's work and selling it?

IGI

Here is another painting on Olla instagram.

Again you can see the bottom has been cropped.

Here is a painting sold by Monika.

IGI

I can say that Olla is not happy that someone is implying she has copied work. However she takes imitation of her work as flattery.

These are not copies, they are the exact same paintings, look at the palette knife and brush strokes.

Again another cropped image on Olla instagram:

And a painting sold by Monika

IGI

So which is it?

Olla is claiming these are her paintings and Monika is copying her?
Monika has taken hundreds of Olla's paintings and is selling them as her own?

Should I contact my sister and tell her to report Monika to all these art sites, because she has a stolen painting hanging on her wall?

Ruserious

Wow....exciting mystery. The fact that the Monica ones are longer and signed, plus that she was registered back in 2014 certainly leans it more towards her.

Which one is selling for the higher price?

Reactions: IGI

IGI

Monika's paintings tend to sell between $200 - $1500 depending on size, materials etc...
She has sold many paintings over those years and some sites she also has hundreds of reviews.

Olla wants to sell her paintings for 50jt which is what around $3500

gemima

Cager
Wow....exciting mystery. The fact that the Monica ones are longer and signed, plus that she was registered back in 2014 certainly leans it more towards her.

Which one is selling for the higher price?
I'm not sure it's such a mystery - have you looked at her Instagram?
These are not pictures she is selling - she posted them but it could just be her posting stuff she likes (she should have linked to the original artist of course - and not cropped out the signature at the bottom - very sneaky).
I suspect she probably was trying to imply she did those paintings - and she has actually painted similar-looking ones (you can see some on her Instagram in the background in some pictures). She was clearly influenced by Monika.
She is clearly not making copies of Monika's work and selling them tho.

IGI

These are not pictures she is selling - she posted them but it could just be her posting stuff she likes (she should have linked to the original artist of course - and not cropped out the signature at the bottom - very sneaky).
The paintings that Bad_azz posted in the start of this thread of 'pictures for sale by Olla' are the same as Monika's paintings?

ETA: they are not copies, they are exactly the same painting.

gemima

Cager
The paintings that Bad_azz posted in the start of this thread of 'pictures for sale by Olla' are the same as Monika's paintings?

ETA: they are not copies, they are exactly the same painting.
Ah sorry - I didn't realize there were multiple ones (I only looked at the 1st one and then went to Olla's Insta) - that is pretty bad!

Reactions: IGI

IGI

Ah sorry - I didn't realize there were multiple ones (I only looked at the 1st one and then went to Olla's Insta) - that is pretty bad!
I'm just interested in this mystery.

Bad_azz says her friend is selling original art.
My sister has a painting by an artist that sells the same paintings.

Who is the original artist?

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Point of note. Ola's paintings are much bigger, so they cannot be the exact same & they exist in real life, I have seen them.
Other than that if you want to get into a copyright war over it I suggest that the 2 artists deal with it amongst themselves.
I am neither a detective not prepared to get into an online slanging war over it- especially not in Indonesia where slurring someone online has consequences.
End of story from me.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Should I contact my sister and tell her to report Monika to all these art sites, because she has a stolen painting hanging on her wall?
How can it be stolen? The large painting is here in Indonesia. Olla has made no claim that the smaller artwork is stolen- jeepers- drama much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerIndo
Top Bottom