Are ITAS / ITAP visas still renewable inside Indonesia without leaving the country?

IndoTom

During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Indonesian immigration office allowed ITAS / ITAP visa renewal to be done at the local immigration office without having to leave Indonesia to renew it as it was done in all the years prior. The last time I read the immigration departments website about this issue, it mentioned the in-country renewals would continue until the COVID-19 global travel restrictions were eased. It seems that Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and most other countries have fully opened their border or are in the process of doing so soon. Has anyone heard news or rumors that Indonesia immigration will start requiring the visa renewal to be done outside of the country again?

The thought of doing visa renewal trips from Indonesia to Singapore again is so backwards in terms of efficiency, but I know the unofficial visa expedite fees at the embassy in Singapore must be a big motivation for many people there. :D

Nothing changed. Can renew inside the country without leaving

Lived here 7 years , 5 on the spouse sponsored ITAS . Now on ITAP . Have never had to leave the country for any renewals or the conversion from ITAS to ITAP . All done by myself at the Jember Imigration office here in Jawa Timur . Never heard of anyone having to leave the country for an ITAS renewal or conversion /Alhi Status to ITAP before , during or after the Covid restrictions . If your using an agent I think they might be telling you bullshit . Do it yourself at your regional imigration office , ITAS renewals are a breeze , the conversion / alhi status to ITAP was a bit more involved due to the Covid restrictions , extra paperwork and the application having to go through a few more departments . ITAS renewal only ever took a week to 10 days before the Covid restrictions , 2 months during the restrictions and the Conversion/Alhi Status was just on 3 months . Saved just on 50million rupiah doing it myself over the 7 years .

Lived here 7 years , 5 on the spouse sponsored ITAS . Now on ITAP . Have never had to leave the country for any renewals or the conversion from ITAS to ITAP . All done by myself at the Jember Imigration office here in Jawa Timur . Never heard of anyone having to leave the country for an ITAS renewal or conversion /Alhi Status to ITAP before , during or after the Covid restrictions . If your using an agent I think they might be telling you bullshit . Do it yourself at your regional imigration office , ITAS renewals are a breeze , the conversion / alhi status to ITAP was a bit more involved due to the Covid restrictions , extra paperwork and the application having to go through a few more departments . ITAS renewal only ever took a week to 10 days before the Covid restrictions , 2 months during the restrictions and the Conversion/Alhi Status was just on 3 months . Saved just on 50million rupiah doing it myself over the 7 years .
Thanks for the information. My experience must be outdated from the time I lived here between 2008 - 2010.

Thanks for the information. My experience must be outdated from the time I lived here between 2008 - 2010.
Not at all. He's talking about Spouse sponsored and kitap
For work kitas and b211 renewal you did have to fly to collect the new visa and come in on visa free / voa etc to convert and process
Since covid all done here no need to leave now

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back