Appleid. Confusion?

Shadrach

Hello I have an Apple iPad generation 6. With up to date iOS 17.2 I have been trying to delete an old email address and an old trusted phone number from my appleid account and change them both to current email address and current trusted phone. When I try to delete them they give me a code sent to the old tel. number and then want to send a text to the old email. When I say I can't reach them I get a message that my account is locked and to make an account recovery which keeps going back to the old information. As I try again and again it comes with a server error. So now when I open my iPad it says to open settings and iCloud and keep putting in the same old information which doesn't work. This has been going on for a long time and I don't know what to do? If anyone out there has had this experience or knows a qualified Apple technician I can bring my iPad too, please give me their contact information. I have a iPhone with no such problem. I wish I could just put the same settings in my iPad as what's on my iPhone.

Hello I have an Apple iPad generation 6. With up to date iOS 17.2 I have been trying to delete an old email address and an old trusted phone number from my appleid account and change them both to current email address and current trusted phone. When I try to delete them they give me a code sent to the old tel. number and then want to send a text to the old email. When I say I can't reach them I get a message that my account is locked and to make an account recovery which keeps going back to the old information. As I try again and again it comes with a server error. So now when I open my iPad it says to open settings and iCloud and keep putting in the same old information which doesn't work. This has been going on for a long time and I don't know what to do? If anyone out there has had this experience or knows a qualified Apple technician I can bring my iPad too, please give me their contact information. I have a iPhone with no such problem. I wish I could just put the same settings in my iPad as what's on my iPhone.
Calling Apple directly would probably be the fastet solution. They are the gatekeepers for your Apple ID and I'm not confident a local tech could fix the problem without involving them. If it was hardware or software, maybe a different opinion but with Apple ID, I would go straight to the source. I do have one question though are you using two different IDs for the iPad and the iPhone?

Calling Apple directly would probably be the fastet solution. They are the gatekeepers for your Apple ID and I'm not confident a local tech could fix the problem without involving them. If it was hardware or software, maybe a different opinion but with Apple ID, I would go straight to the source. I do have one question though are you using two different IDs for the iPad and the iPhone?
Thank you for responding! Yes I am using two different appleid's. The one on my iPhone uses a new gmail.com account and the one on my iPad is the one I cannot change. I would like to use the same appleid on both machines, but the iPad is stuck on the old appleid and trusted tel# and has locked up and says server error!

Thank you for responding! Yes I am using two different appleid's. The one on my iPhone uses a new gmail.com account and the one on my iPad is the one I cannot change. I would like to use the same appleid on both machines, but the iPad is stuck on the old appleid and trusted tel# and has locked up and says server error!
Doesn't really change my advice to contact Apple directly but it only made sense if it was 2 different IDs. When you get the issue solved I would recommend putting them on the same ID. Makes management a lot easier.

Doesn't really change my advice to contact Apple directly but it only made sense if it was 2 different IDs. When you get the issue solved I would recommend putting them on the same ID. Makes management a lot easier.
Believe me I would love to resolve this and have both machines having the same Appleid. It should be made more simple of a process to correct this. It reminds me of rumors of governments wanting to digitize all currency with everyone having to use smart phones and all monetary transactions having to go through banks, thus eliminating cash. If I cannot even change my Defunct Appleid. Then how are poor people going to survive if all currency is removed and all monetary transactions have to be conducted through a machine?

Did you try this?

If you don't have a trusted device with you
If you're trying to sign in and don't have a trusted device with you that can display verification codes, you can tap Didn't Get a Code on the sign-in screen and choose to send a code to one of your trusted phone numbers. This text message might include an additional domain validation line that includes the @ symbol, the website name, and your code (for example, @icloud.com #123456 %apple.com). Or you can get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device.

Believe me I would love to resolve this and have both machines having the same Appleid. It should be made more simple of a process to correct this. It reminds me of rumors of governments wanting to digitize all currency with everyone having to use smart phones and all monetary transactions having to go through banks, thus eliminating cash. If I cannot even change my Defunct Appleid. Then how are poor people going to survive if all currency is removed and all monetary transactions have to be conducted through a machine?
At least Apple gives you an option, see above, to solve the problem you mentioned.

Talking about 'digitize all currency'. I had a account at Paypal ... got into the same situation as you and your Apple id, meaning login into my account at Paypal, they send a sms to my old phonenumber, which I don't have anymore. No way there is an option to resolve the matter. Even customer services is not to be reached. So, I lost a lot of money thanks to this 2-way verification.

Did you try this?

If you don't have a trusted device with you
If you're trying to sign in and don't have a trusted device with you that can display verification codes, you can tap Didn't Get a Code on the sign-in screen and choose to send a code to one of your trusted phone numbers. This text message might include an additional domain validation line that includes the @ symbol, the website name, and your code (for example, @icloud.com #123456 %apple.com). Or you can get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device.
Yes I do have an iPhone that is working fine with a different appleid. They been sending me verification codes that I right away put in my iPad and it starts to look promising then it says my account is locked. When I start the recovery process it says server error and all goes back to zero. I did talk to an apple representative today and she said if I could find probe of purchase from Amazon six years ago I could start an unlocking process. I tried and found I still have an active email I used when I bought the iPad six years ago. I can't remember the password from back then and the same run around happens with them. There is no way to talk to a representative, only AI over and over. If I don't find this proof of purchase and start the process to put my iPad back to factory settings I will lose all information on there now and never to retrieve it later. I will think about this before I do it. And I thought computers were supposed to make life easier. HAH!!!

That is unfortunate but you have to give to Apple for protecting the device. Once they know that you are the rightful owner they will fix the problem immediately but they aren't going to make it easy for someone to unlock a device without knowing who the owner is. I guess you could take this as a lesson to how important an AppleID and password are once you link them to a device. Not knowing the password for the oginal email address only compounds the problem as well. I hope you can get this resolved. Also if a device is Apple locked, even reseting it to factory settings will not help. It will remain locked until a proper ID and password are put in.

Yes I do have an iPhone that is working fine with a different appleid. They been sending me verification codes that I right away put in my iPad and it starts to look promising then it says my account is locked. When I start the recovery process it says server error and all goes back to zero. I did talk to an apple representative today and she said if I could find probe of purchase from Amazon six years ago I could start an unlocking process. I tried and found I still have an active email I used when I bought the iPad six years ago. I can't remember the password from back then and the same run around happens with them. There is no way to talk to a representative, only AI over and over. If I don't find this proof of purchase and start the process to put my iPad back to factory settings I will lose all information on there now and never to retrieve it later. I will think about this before I do it. And I thought computers were supposed to make life easier. HAH!!!
Try this with your iPhone ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240129_191320_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240129_191320_Chrome.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20240129_191333_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240129_191333_Chrome.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 15
I can't use the trusted tel#
Huh? You have access to your iPhone, right? Then download the app "Apple Support" and in the app use the support tools and tap "a different Apple id" .. go from there .. you might be able to login in to your differrent id and change the old phone#.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke
Back