Any tax on selling shares in private limited company?

Dave70

Cager
If I sell my shares in a private limited (PT PMA) company at par value, do I have to pay any Indonesian tax? As I am just getting back the amount which I had invested from abroad, there is no capital gain in the sale. However, I need to consider the offer and sell at premium if any tax is payable. The Indonesian buyer said there should be no tax to be paid if there is no profit made. And also gave indication he will not pay premium. But since payment will be transferred to my Indonesian personal bank account (not remitted abroad), I have to be careful in case tax authorities consider it as “income”. Has anybody encountered any similar situation? Did you pay any tax? How many percent of sale amount?

Do you have previous years taxes filed? If so the value of the company should be listed with your assets. If the sale price is the same as the price you have listed, then no capital gain, no taxes.

If I sell my shares in a private limited (PT PMA) company at par value, do I have to pay any Indonesian tax? As I am just getting back the amount which I had invested from abroad, there is no capital gain in the sale. However, I need to consider the offer and sell at premium if any tax is payable. Tax consultant near me description of the tax situation. The Indonesian buyer said there should be no tax to be paid if there is no profit made. And also gave indication he will not pay premium. But since payment will be transferred to my Indonesian personal bank account (not remitted abroad), I have to be careful in case tax authorities consider it as “income”. Has anybody encountered any similar situation? Did you pay any tax? How many percent of sale amount?

what tax did you get?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back