Any fellow expats living in Bekasi?

Annie

Hi there! I'm a British woman living in Bekasi. I've been here for almost 3 years now (married to an Indonesian guy) but still have not made any expat friends :(

If there are any expats (women) living in or around Bekasi or Jakarta who are looking for friends then I'd love to chat! Or if you have any info of some expat groups around here that might be worthwhile then I'd appreciate some more info. Thanks!

Hi Annie and welcome to the forum. We are in the States for a while but will be back visiting family this summer. Our house is in Jakarta Timur, not too far from Bekasi, although with so much roadway construction underway, its a pain to travel to and from Bekasi by car. Good luck with your search for the odd English woman or two.

Hi there! I'm a British woman living in Bekasi. I've been here for almost 3 years now (married to an Indonesian guy) but still have not made any expat friends :(

If there are any expats (women) living in or around Bekasi or Jakarta who are looking for friends then I'd love to chat! Or if you have any info of some expat groups around here that might be worthwhile then I'd appreciate some more info. Thanks!

Where in Bekasi? There's a few expats living in Kemang Pratama...

PM me, I regularly pass Bekasi.
Happy to connect you with other "foreign wives of Indonesians" as well as me.

Hi Annie and welcome to the forum. We are in the States for a while but will be back visiting family this summer. Our house is in Jakarta Timur, not too far from Bekasi, although with so much roadway construction underway, its a pain to travel to and from Bekasi by car. Good luck with your search for the odd English woman or two.
I'm odd ... sometimes :D

Hi and thank you! Sorry I've taken so long to reply, I've been without WiFi for quite a while :'(

Yeah, going anywhere really in Jakarta is a pain, even in Bekasi too when you're on the roads at the wrong time! I'm excited for the new MRT... but yet to try it. Not sure how long it will take them to finish the link to Bekasi!

Do you usually live in the States or in Indonesia? Or spend time in each?

Thanks for your good luck!

Where in Bekasi? There's a few expats living in Kemang Pratama...

I actually live about 10 minutes from Kemang Pratama! I don't think I've ever encountered any expats there when I've been there though, although I am sure they are there. Anyone here from Kemang Pratama?

Hi and thank you! Sorry I've taken so long to reply, I've been without WiFi for quite a while :'(

Yeah, going anywhere really in Jakarta is a pain, even in Bekasi too when you're on the roads at the wrong time! I'm excited for the new MRT... but yet to try it. Not sure how long it will take them to finish the link to Bekasi!

Do you usually live in the States or in Indonesia? Or spend time in each?

Thanks for your good luck!

We lived in Indonesia for 7 years before relocating to the States in 2014. We still visit family in DKI for a couple of months each year and plan, in four years, to make Jaktim our base again while making summer visits to the States -- abode-wise, the reverse of what we do now.

We lived in Indonesia for 7 years before relocating to the States in 2014. We still visit family in DKI for a couple of months each year and plan, in four years, to make Jaktim our base again while making summer visits to the States -- abode-wise, the reverse of what we do now.

Oh awesome! Wishing you all the best with your plan ?

Hi, Annie. Just now seeing this.
Yes, there are a few expats living in Kemang Pretama. I am one of them.
If you're still looking to meet a few expats, please let me know. I am always looking to meet new people.
Thanks,
Vivienne

Hello, Annie. Just thought I'd drop in to say if you enjoy Korean food, be sure to check out Bekasi Seoul Garden, inside Ruko Sentra Niaga Kalimalang.

They're better than any Korean barbecue restaurant in Jakarta, no joke. Their head chef is a lady from Korea and she's fantastic. Anyway, maybe when you guys feel safer dining in but don't miss out!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back