Anti-Spam feature

El_Goretto

Cager
In the spirit of sharing with the community what is going on with the forum, we would like to announce the implementation of anti-spam measures yesterday.

We have installed an anti-spam tool which prevents spammers from registering. The tool checks the email address, username and IP address of all registrants against a global spammer database. If there is a match, the registrant is identified as a spammer and prevented from registering.

Since yesterday and at the time of writing this post, no less than 27 spammers were prevented from registering. You can see spam statistics at the bottom of the forum home page.

If a spammer manages to make it through the net, we can simply ban them and report them to that spammer database so that they cannot spam elsewhere.

We would like to thank all the users who have taken the time and effort to report spam posts which is always very helpful to us.

And to complete El_Goretto's announcement, be aware that we have caught and banned no less than 613 (!) spammers in the almost 5 month of life of this forum.
This plug is gonna greatly alleviate our daily screening of the database.

I didn't realise how many oddball people there were, it's quite an eye opener

I would like to thank those involved for all there work, including this latest work with anti-spam. I have gotten a lot of help from some members who are current on this forum and were active on the prior forum.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back