Anti Coronavirus Crackdown?

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
The gov seems to think that not only are hoaxes and wrong information a problem, they now want to arrest you for criticism of the government's response to it. Deservingly so criticism. Guess they should be coming for me pretty soon.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
You, me, and several million other people.

dafluff

Cager
Good thing they're releasing inmates to make room for us then...

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
There seems to be a big stigma if someone died from Covid-19 here. Just suggesting it as a possibility has gotten me a stern lecturing from my spouse.

I believe we need truth to gauge the true scope of the pandemic.

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
There seems to be a big stigma if someone died from Covid-19 here. Just suggesting it as a possibility has gotten me a stern lecturing from my spouse.

I believe we need truth to gauge the true scope of the pandemic.
Over the years, I have tolerated a fair amount of bullshit in the name of "kearifan lokal", but the attitude towards COVID19 really crosses the line IMHO. Blocked streets for weddings or massive prayer gatherings are inconvenient and annoying, but I long ago learned to let go of the frustration and just accept them as a part of life here. However, deliberate obfuscation of the facts surrounding the prevalence of a pandemic is flat out dangerous. How can there be so little regard for the need for transparency?

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
The government needs more people critical to their actions. When a president states that they keep things hidden so not to cause panic, just what the hell does he think just saying that causes? Now we have a national wear a mask policy. I bet if I were to go out tomorrow or the next day, there will be plenty of bare faces running around.

Myself, I really don't give a damn. I am going to be insulting people. Maybe this virus is the fix for, you can't fix stupid. Unfortunantly, the stupid then take it home to share.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m17tgw
Top Bottom