Another frog landed on Bali

Balifrog

Hello everybody,

Just a quick introduction of myself (French, but with a Belgian father)

After 33 years in construction works (plant and equipment dept) I retired a few years ago. Yep, our government is generous with "early workers" and I could leave with full benefits at 60.
Hanged out a few more years as free lance consultant in HKG, but in June decided I had enough of the HKG madness, and called it an end.
Having met and living with an Indo companion during my stay in HKG, Indonesia was the choice to settle down. She is from East Java, rather deep in the jungle, and even it can be OK for 2 weeks I can't see myself living there permanently, hence our choice to share our time between Bali and East Java ( Banyuwangi region).
Settled down in Sanur 2 months ago, and been pretty busy to get installed and sort all "formalities".

Newbie in Indo, but not in the region : 2 1/2 years South Korea / 10 years Thailand / 2 years VN / 8 years HKG, plus several 3 to 6 months missions in SGP / KL / Myanmar.

Now if the rain stops, maybe we can start exploring the rest of the island. Visited UBUD, as it was on my preselected drop places, but not impressed. And Kuta is a bit too wild and noisy for me now !

Cheers
JM

Well the French I am Ok with but the Belgian father? That's a bit much. As long as you don't flood the forum on Golden Spur's day:tongue: or is that the day you have the biggest conflict:doh:

Name 5 famous Belgians? :boink:

:bounce:

Well the French I am Ok with but the Belgian father? That's a bit much. As long as you don't flood the forum on Golden Spur's day:tongue: or is that the day you have the biggest conflict:doh:

Name 5 famous Belgians? :boink:

:bounce:

Tin Tin, Poirot

Manneke Pis (Brussels)
Brabo (Antwerp)
Johny Holiday
Jacques Brel
Adamo
Rubens
Jacques Brel only counts at least for 5.

I think that Magritte, Stromae and Marguerite Yourcenar could easily fit on the list too.

From Belgium or France, welcome to the forum anyway. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc