Announcement: Forum Software Migration from vBulletin 4 to Xenforo

I forgot to mention that our members who have gladly participated in the first testing phase deserve a special thank you:

Anglian
Bad_azz
CaturMuka
Davita
Euc
fastpitch17
jstar
macvert
Nimbus
steveandpenny
waarmstrong
William King

Your feedback has been invaluable: most of the extra features wouldn't be there and the bugs wouldn't be squashed!

And as if that wasn't enough, your encouragement has also been greatly appreciated!
I was sent an invite but couldn't participate cause I was in the middle of some personal/business stuff..so my apologies for not participating in the first phase testing!

Yesh... New and shiny and very readable!

The last is a good thing as I seem to have misplaced my eyeglasses...

Exacty this!! I know I'm tooting our own horn, but the previous mobile version was unworkable. You could force it to desktop mode, but the text was so tiny and the edit window so small it was a huge pain in the ass.

Another good thing that is almost scary good: I just noticed today that not only does it save drafts (so say if you lose power, you can return to a half typed post), it does so across devices! So if you start typing on your computer, then lose power and switch to your phone, you can continue there with your draft post.

I like the way it is on my phone

Me too! Very pleased with both the mobile and desktop versions.

Another good thing that is almost scary good: I just noticed today that not only does it save drafts (so say if you lose power, you can return to a half typed post), it does so across devices! So if you start typing on your computer, then lose power and switch to your phone, you can continue there with your draft post.

That's good to know! Definitely a good feature. This is even just handy if you start something at home, and then step out, you can finish it on the go. I remember the last update on *that other forum* was just the opposite. I would lose a post out of the blue and have to rewrite it again with no guarantee that it would work the second time.

I partially just wrote this post to test out the multi quote function. Much improved with its simplicity! Just highlight the part you want and click "+Quote" then in your post reply "insert quotes." You can even add/remove stuff while you're writing. Thumbs up!

What do you guys think of the post ratings aka the little icons below each post?

I think they're a good addition, though to be honest I probably won't notice them too often.

One minor issue I've had is that the mobile version won't keep me logged in. Other than that, smooth sailing so far.

I like the difference between observing if the post is funny or informative...etc. Previously, most would click 'like or dislike without comment' so, imo... it had no communicative meaning.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudcat
Back