Announcement: Forum Deathmatch

El_Goretto

Cager
Dear forum members,

Tired of a forum member? Do they annoy you too much? Think moderators do not moderate them enough?

Starting today you can challenge them to a:
Forum Deathmatch
What happens is we will put up a poll between you and your target. Forum posters then vote for who they like more. The user with the fewer votes will get a 30-day ban. The winner will get the equivalent of 100 likes to boost their forum cred.

Winners will be listed in a Hall of Fame and loosers in, you guessed it, a Hall of Shame.

Only applicable to posters with 200 or more posts (remember, be nice to newbies!).

To submit your target and start a Forum Deathmatch, please click here.

Thank you.

The Moderation Team.

Last edited:

dafluff

Cager
Excellent, although I think we should lower the post limit to like 50 or so... :thumb:

Fred

Sounds like an April fool but I'm putting myself up for banning before I get banned.

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
I barely have enough time, as it is, for intemperate personal comments on the regular Forum and the undisguised versions in the Cage. Deathmatches are simply a bridge too far and a definite ply by the moderating team to feather their own nests by dispatching their detractors to successive 30 day limbos.

[email protected]

Cager
April fool, huh?

Surely not an April fool joke as tradition has it that April fool jokes finish a 12 noon on 1 April and the joke is on the joker if it happens past that time. I note that the post happened at 2.15 pm so it can not be an April Fool joke.

And we all know that our wonderful moderation team would never break a tradition!

William King

Charter Member
Cager
Depends where in the world the OP posted that from...

El_Goretto

Cager
Surely not an April fool joke as tradition has it that April fool jokes finish a 12 noon on 1 April and the joke is on the joker if it happens past that time. I note that the post happened at 2.15 pm so it can not be an April Fool joke.

And we all know that our wonderful moderation team would never break a tradition!

I had no idea!

Davita

RIP
Charter Member
Lucky this turned out to be an April hoax as I was already counting down the 30 day ban and wondering what to do. Should I take a cruise without internet...should I volunteer for Elon Musks next spacecraft adventure...should I try to join other forums...should I wrestle with a Komodo dragon just to get attention?
Then I got the best idea.....Yawn!.... just take a long nap.....:sleep:...:thumb:

El_Goretto

Cager
Lucky this turned out to be an April hoax as I was already counting down the 30 day ban and wondering what to do. Should I take a cruise without internet...should I volunteer for Elon Musks next spacecraft adventure...should I try to join other forums...should I wrestle with a Komodo dragon just to get attention?
Then I got the best idea.....Yawn!.... just take a long nap.....:sleep:...:thumb:

Or you could start a forum withdrawal support group!

Very probably a bar he or she had been in since the previous afternoon and was so drunk they though the OP was funny.

Don't we at least get a participation trophy?

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager

It qualifies, time zone wise anyway, as an April First Falsehood in the States.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SwingNinja
Top Bottom