And you thought you've seen everything on the road....

dafluff

Cager
Do you know them Atlantis? I spot Manado plates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know them Atlantis? I spot Manado plates.
Yes, I do. Met the dog in a bar once and paid him a beer. Just kidding.

I have seen them already in Manado. First time, the dog overtook me in Kawasan Megamas where the video has been recorded. A WTF moment, believe me.
Sorry to sound like an old fart but I really don't find it funny. Not only Revol (the dog owner) gives a very poor example to the young generation but he is risking the life of not only the dog but of pretty much anyone they meet on the road.

Revol and Sidney had an article in Kompas some time ago (but this time with a pic with an helmet for the dog). He isn't a bad guy but it just pisses me off to see him leaving the control of the stir to the dog. Plain stupidity.

Last edited:
This is another video from them:

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed a guy on his scooter the other day with an iguana sat on his back... I was driving so couldn't get picks but I was a bit (lot) creeped out as I passed him.

My fear was that it might make a leap over on to me as I passed (given my animal magnetism for sodding lizards). It didn't but if it had, I would deffo have crashed & screamed and all sorts of ninja moves would have been happening.

I have taken our smallest dog out on the scooter a few times but he is tucked into a rucksack & hubby holds on to him... he is too young to get a SIM yet.

*note to self- buy new keyboard - or thump it harder.

Last edited:
I saw a bike in Makassa with a block of ice tied to the exhaust, don't know how far he had to travel, hope the block made it, but it is amazing what one can see being carried on motor bikes, huge panes of glass, huge sack of vegetables with wife sitting on top, many chickens and goats being carried, the list is endless

Once I saw a guy had a long wooden ladder on motorbike. He positioned the ladder on his shoulder through his head between the step!!!

Once when we were driving near the old Chilandak Mall we seen a motor with a close to full size refrigerator upright tied to the back with a guy driving in front. Don't know if he made it to his destination without tipping over from the weight and height but have to give him marks for a good try.

Once when we were driving near the old Chilandak Mall we seen a motor with a close to full size refrigerator upright tied to the back with a guy driving in front. Don't know if he made it to his destination without tipping over from the weight and height but have to give him marks for a good try.

Both my fridges were delivered that way... & my washing machine :D

Is it me or in the first video the front wheel didn't seem to roll (it's a five spoke wheel and it seems to not move at all).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf
Back