Amazon Shipping To Indonesia Using BorderLynx

Chiron

Cager
I was wondering if anyone has used or even heard of BorderLynx. I won't put any URLs here, as they are easy enough to find on Google.

In any case, they have a service that will setup a virtual address in the US (and UK as well), and let Amazon ship to them. Your item gets repackaged, I'm guessing so there's not a smiley face on the box, which I've read somewhere is something Indonesian customs people look for. In their service, they also calculate the import duty taxes, then ship to your address in Indonesia. I'm not sure if BorderLynx is the only company that does this, but they were easy to find on Google.

The reason I'm posting this, is to see if anyone has ever used their services, or something similar. When I move to Indonesia, being able to buy certain things on Amazon will be fairly important - as I have never seen these items in Indonesia. My alternative solution is kind of expensive, and involves flying to the closest and cheapest city in Australia - which I think is Darwin. Get a super cheap ticket, rent a room on AirBNB, and ask if I can ship a package that house. Pick it up and fly back to Indonesia. Or maybe I could just find what I'm looking for in Darwin, and buy it there. In any case, it could be kind of fun making a quick trip to Australia every few months. Something like BorderLynx is obviously more easier.

Thanks.

Last edited:
FYI, Amazon does ship to Indonesia. But not all vendors on Amazon ship to Indonesia.

But when it does, it works great. Amazon will charge a shipping fee and an import duty deposit.

Goods are shipped fast and usually arrive in less than a week.

As for the import duty, it's never happened to me that the deposit wasn't enough. So far Amazon has always refunded the leftover.

Thanks, that's good to hear. I'd probably order things until it had a problem.

I know in Malaysia that if you order supplements - vitamins, protein, or workout powders (and other things like that) from Amazon they will not only confiscate, but warn you about violating the law. The only supplements that can be bought in Malaysia are ones approved by the Ministry of Health. They especially frown on a supplement that contains caffeine. I realize that Indonesia is a different country with different laws, but in some areas they may have similar policies.

Thanks, that's good to hear. I'd probably order things until it had a problem.

I know in Malaysia that if you order supplements - vitamins, protein, or workout powders (and other things like that) from Amazon they will not only confiscate, but warn you about violating the law. The only supplements that can be bought in Malaysia are ones approved by the Ministry of Health. They especially frown on a supplement that contains caffeine. I realize that Indonesia is a different country with different laws, but in some areas they may have similar policies.

I think using a forwarder service will not remove the risk at the customs.

Here's a story for you with some advice: https://www.reddit.com/r/indonesia/comments/5nbf6s/im_just_pissed_at_the_customs_clearance_of/

I think using a forwarder service will not remove the risk at the customs.

Also note that Amazon will not deal with any complaints regarding damaged merchandise if the goods are shipped through a third party.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats