About the new emergency Automatic Permit Stay Extension

tomtoba

If you have not heard about the new emergency Coronavirus policy from Immigration, linked here: , here is what I can decipher:

1. Page 1 of the graphic says it applies to "foreigners who cannot return to their country due to covid-19 outbreak".

Questions abound:
1. Why the arbitrary cutoff entry-date as 5 february? There must be hundreds of travellers who entered before that date e.g. with social budaya or toursist visa who are similarly stuck and have had flights cancelled and borders closed on them. Any of you in this situation have feedback to give?

2. It says for travellers who "cannot make it back to their home country". What about those of us who were never planning to go back to our home countries, but to Malaysia, Singapore, or other ports of call which are now closed. Does it apply to us?

3. How many days is this extension good for? 30 days? As long as we need it? And from what date do we start counting?

4. What are the mechanics of this new waiver? Do we just show up at an airport and get stamped out, with no penalties or fines? No questions asked? Or do we have to show documentation of cancelled flights, lockdowns, etc?

5. Or do we have to arrange all this at an immigration office before we leave the country some weeks or months from now, when all this is over?

Please reply with your experience with or understanding of this new regulation.

Thanks

snpark

Cager
Just because you couldn't do your visa run is not their problem. If you can't fly back to your home country then they allow you to stay here free until you can.
Feb 5 because + 60 days takes you to Apr 5 when the office reopens
It's automatic no need go and do anything there

Honestly there's dozens of posts on the 2 big jakarta expat fb group pages about this so I'm not really keen to repeat myself again

If you had a voa before Feb 5th you could and should have already left to renew it
Right up until March 17 you could still do visa runs to KL

Obviously the internal sosbud renewals don't count because you don't have to leave to do them

This is only voa and visa exempt who are unable to return to their home countries. No overstay fine for as long as your home country is closed
The moment it reopens, they expect you to leave with no overstay fine. If you only want to fly to sg to change your visa then that's your tough luck you will have to pay the overstay I guess if you don't go to the UK if u are british

tomtoba

"This is only voa and visa exempt who are unable to return to their home countries. No overstay fine for as long as your home country is closed"

As far as I know, no country in the world is "closed" to it's own citizens, so by your logic, this new rule doesn't apply to anyone at all.

snpark

Cager
"This is only voa and visa exempt who are unable to return to their home countries. No overstay fine for as long as your home country is closed"

As far as I know, no country in the world is "closed" to it's own citizens, so by your logic, this new rule doesn't apply to anyone at all.
It's surely common manners not to ask advice and then argue about what is given

Considering most countries have zero flights in or out and demanding health certificate or 14 day quarantine before you arrive, that is what they mean

It's pretty clear what they mean?

tomtoba

So if you are able to fly out, why don't you?
Because from every side I am being bombarded by "don't travel, stay where you are, Isolate" exhortations. And I am a higher-risk candidate to catch the virus. In short, I'm trying to save my life.

Snpark, your posts and documents have been a big help clarifying this. Thank you.

Balifrog

Because from every side I am being bombarded by "don't travel, stay where you are, Isolate" exhortations. And I am a higher-risk candidate to catch the virus. In short, I'm trying to save my life.

Snpark, your posts and documents have been a big help clarifying this. Thank you.
Relax Sir, it's not like cruise missiles and bombs are gonna rain down on where you are.
If you think you are at risk, stay home, isolate and mainly keep cool. Panic or stress will not help.

If you are religious, you know that et the end it's in God's hands.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Of course, as usual, the communication has not been very clear.

On the Immigration poster they mention people who can not return to their countries. Well, is there really any country which refuses its own citizens? (Perhaps they request a home quarantine.) And if their flights are canceled or postponed, is there really no way to get home with some effort? Many governments arrange repatriation flights (often requesting a considerable contribution), and some international airlines are still operational. Closing of transit points is a bigger issue. (E.g. UAE.)

The Foreign Affairs document is much more flexible and states more or less that everyone who entered after 5 Feb and encountered some issues is off the hook.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvindic
Top Bottom