A welcome message from the moderation team

Well what a pleasant little surprise this morning to find an email from Olivier, thanks. I tried sending one a couple of days ago but it wouldn't work, I wasn't panicking though because I knew you guys had everything under control.

Welcome to the forum nosox, macvert!

Gosh it really is starting to feel like a new home!

Well done guys. You have excelled your selves to get this up and running so quickly.

Thank a lot.

Nice work, I don't care much for the new version of the old forum, it forces me to use the mobile format when I browse from the phone, which I do most of the time.

This cage sounds scary, in my experience a free-for-all arena has more disadvantages than advantages in the long run. Sure it's hard not to look at a train wreck, but it's also sad if people stop talking to each other just because of a stupid internet argument. It takes a long time to build trust and friendship, it takes only minutes to ruin it with a disagreement that's in all likelihood doesn't matter much in real life.

Some sort of ground rules are still necessary, IMHO. Please think it through.

Nice work, I don't care much for the new version of the old forum, it forces me to use the mobile format when I browse from the phone, which I do most of the time.

This cage sounds scary, in my experience a free-for-all arena has more disadvantages than advantages in the long run. Sure it's hard not to look at a train wreck, but it's also sad if people stop talking to each other just because of a stupid internet argument. It takes a long time to build trust and friendship, it takes only minutes to ruin it with a disagreement that's in all likelihood doesn't matter much in real life.

Some sort of ground rules are still necessary, IMHO. Please think it through.
I don't think the intent is to turn it into a bloodpit. I think it just means that those of us who already know each other through the other place have a place to hang out and not offend newcomers or give the wrong impression on the public boards- kinda like a mass group chat.

I don't think the intent is to turn it into a bloodpit. I think it just means that those of us who already know each other through the other place have a place to hang out and not offend newcomers or give the wrong impression on the public boards- kinda like a mass group chat.

For the record, I wanted it to be a bloodpit!

But for real, we are still considering where we are going with that idea and it will be probably closer to what BA describes. Right now we are focusing on what we already have: to get more members here and to build up the community.

For the record, I wanted it to be a bloodpit!

But for real, we are still considering where we are going with that idea and it will be probably closer to what BA describes. Right now we are focusing on what we already have: to get more members here and to build up the community.
B_a<<< ever the boring pragmatic one hahaha

Got it. Perhaps Café is a better name than Cage. Country Club sorta works too, it is by invitation only, after all.

Got it. Perhaps Café is a better name than Cage. Country Club sorta works too, it is by invitation only, after all.
Nope surely not... "country club " deffo doesn't suit me hahahaha way too elite sounding.

Let's go Yorkshire with it & call it "back 'oyle"

Q: Where's Mr King today:

A: "ees int'back 'oyle"

Q: "& Mr Nimbus?"

A:"int'back 'oyle annall, wit'monkey"

I get to have a monkey? That would be fun, as long as he doesn't throw poo around.

I get to have a monkey? That would be fun, as long as he doesn't throw poo around.
Hahaha
translated
Where is Mr King?
He's in the back room
& Mr Nimbus?
In the back room too, with the monkey (Mr King)

Hahaha
translated
Where is Mr King?
He's in the back room
& Mr Nimbus?
In the back room too, with the monkey (Mr King)

The same principle applies, he still can't throw poo around...

Yeah, I can!

I_fling_poo.jpg

Am I hopelessly immature if I think the "I fling poo" avatar is hilarious? Probably.

Do I care? Probably not.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back