A welcome message from the moderation team

Hello all .. ! Glad to see every one is here.. :rolleyes:

Hi Mas Nimbus, Hi El..,

Thanks .., Charter Member sounds more keren than newbie .. ;)

'Pa kabar ini baru ya? Mewah kali pun!

'Misi, saya anggota yang baru, salam pada semuanya dan saya mau "wish u all the best" buat suksesnya. Saya mau bicara terus tapi ggak yakin bicara apa ya? Dan saya mau simpan postnya saya seperti tetap dan "concise"nya. Terima kasih banyak ...

'Pa kabar ini baru ya? Mewah kali pun!

'Misi, saya anggota yang baru, salam pada semuanya dan saya mau "wish u all the best" buat suksesnya. Saya mau bicara terus tapi ggak yakin bicara apa ya? Dan saya mau simpan postnya saya seperti tetap dan "concise"nya. Terima kasih banyak ...
Hey MB! Glad that you've followed the lead and found us. :)

Hey MB! Glad that you've followed the lead and found us. :)

Well ... it just wouldn't be the same without ME, ya know. ;) Seriously, thanks. I barely suspected such (serious) shenanigans were afoot, and it took me a while to follow the trail of breadcrumbs ...

By the way, since I notice that at least one member previously exiled from the "erstwhile" kingdom is here with bells on, I feel compelled to ask: has someone sent Hombre an invite? I don't know whether he'd respond, but I think he should at least be offered ... fresh start for all ya?

Nice to be back among friends and some that may be not so much. No matter. Nice seeing the people I have known before and hopefully get to know some of the new faces.

By the way, since I notice that at least one member previously exiled from the "erstwhile" kingdom is here with bells on, I feel compelled to ask: has someone sent Hombre an invite? I don't know whether he'd respond, but I think he should at least be offered ... fresh start for all ya?
There are tons of users/ex users that I would like to invite. Main problem, often, is to have their contact details. As you know we have left LIIF and the only for me to contact him would be to ask wm if she wants to forward me his registration details. Something tells me she wouldn't. :)
If you have his contact details feel free to share the URL with him.

There are tons of users/ex users that I would like to invite. Main problem, often, is to have their contact details. As you know we have left LIIF and the only for me to contact him would be to ask wm if she wants to forward me his registration details. Something tells me she wouldn't. :)
If you have his contact details feel free to share the URL with him.
Start spreading PMs.

Nice to be back among friends and some that may be not so much. No matter. Nice seeing the people I have known before and hopefully get to know some of the new faces.

Hi Fastpitch, welcome to the new place. Looks comfortingly familiar, doesn't it?

I don't have any contact info for Hombre. I can contact a few members of the LIIF by facebook who otherwise might not know, but I think most will be able to find if they look a bit.

Hi Fastpitch, welcome to the new place. Looks comfortingly familiar, doesn't it?

I don't have any contact info for Hombre. I can contact a few members of the LIIF by facebook who otherwise might not know, but I think most will be able to find if they look a bit.

Regarding making the forum "findable", I just did a search, and we haven't made google's first page for "expat forum Indonesia" yet. How do we go about working on that?

Regarding making the forum "findable", I just did a search, and we haven't made google's first page for "expat forum Indonesia" yet. How do we go about working on that?

We are working on this behind the scenes.

The main way to get better ranking on google is to:
- publish original quality content
- have other websites link to that quality content

It's going to take some time, but it will happen. In the mean time, writing useful informative posts and sharing the website is the most helpful. Just don't spam it haha.

Considering the website is less than a week old, I would be surprised if it shows on any search engine

We are working on this behind the scenes.

The main way to get better ranking on google is to:
- publish original quality content
- have other websites link to that quality content

It's going to take some time, but it will happen. In the mean time, writing useful informative posts and sharing the website is the most helpful. Just don't spam it haha.

Yup quality content and time... no short cuts any more

Considering the website is less than a week old, I would be surprised if it shows on any search engine

Yup quality content and time... no short cuts any more

We already got a visit from the Google Crawl Bot :) And if you search for expatindo (no space) we do come up but not first result :S

Anyway, still working through the basics to make it easy to be indexed and get the right pages indexed.

We already got a visit from the Google Crawl Bot :) And if you search for expatindo (no space) we do come up but not first result :S

Anyway, still working through the basics to make it easy to be indexed and get the right pages indexed.
Think I might have come across as a bit more surprised than I was. I was actually surprised that I got so many unique sites. I understand that it takes time and content... and other people linking to us. But, would typing things like "expatindo" and "Indonesian expat forum" and otherwise generally referencing ourselves help us along? Would it be a problem if we went a bit Trumpish and started referring to the site by it's full name all the time, "A lot of the community here at Expat Indonesia gives us a lot of credit for being the Expat Indonesia site that gets a lot of credit... (with some actual content in there somewhere... maybe :)"?

Think I might have come across as a bit more surprised than I was. I was actually surprised that I got so many unique sites. I understand that it takes time and content... and other people linking to us. But, would typing things like "expatindo" and "Indonesian expat forum" and otherwise generally referencing ourselves help us along? Would it be a problem if we went a bit Trumpish and started referring to the site by it's full name all the time, "A lot of the community here at Expat Indonesia gives us a lot of credit for being the Expat Indonesia site that gets a lot of credit... (with some actual content in there somewhere... maybe :)"?

Haha yes that would help too but Google has really improved their algorithm to lower the success of cheap-ass SEO. But it's ok, I'm sure we will get there quickly.

Happy to be part of this new forum - and happy to see many familiar posters here!! Thanks to the team that set this up!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back