60 days in Ubud, Lombok, Sumbawa?

atoopi

Hi everyone, I have 60 days to spend in Indonesia, islands of Bali, Lombok and Sumbawa. Flying into Denpasar in mid-Feb, going straight to Ubud (skipping South Bali). Basing myself in Ubud for 1-2 weeks, and going around the North and East coasts, then catching a boat to the 3 Nusa's, and then the 3 Gilis, Lombok and then a boat to Sumbawa, overland to Bima, and flying out back to Lombok or Denpasar. And then flying out of Indonesia before the 60 day expiry.

• Ubud (1 week)
  • North Bali/East Bali (1 week)
  • Nusa (The 3 Nusas) (1 week)
  • Gili (The 3 Gilis) (1 week)
  • Lombok island (1 week)
  • Sumbawa (1 week)
  • Extra time (2 weeks)
My traveling style is extra tight budget, not interested in activities or attractions, just relaxation, massage, gastronomy, exercise, languages, etc..

My question is should I include Sumbawa at the end or not? Thanks

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Personally I would consider Sumbawa much more relaxing than Lombok, but that's just me. And the cottages and lodges are not that expensive.

atoopi

What's wrong with Lombok? Is there a certain region of Lombok that is more relaxing than another? I can always speed up or slow down as I like, and if Lombok only deserves 1-2 weeks instead of 3-4, then I have the time to see Sumbawa before Ramadhan begins on Apr 23.

snpark

Cager
You can walk around Lombok in 6 hours, not sure you want to stay there 4 weeks

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
You can walk around Lombok in 6 hours, not sure you want to stay there 4 weeks
I dont think 6 hours is correct
:oops: the island landmass is 4700 sq km :eek: , but I have to say Its not my cup of tea ,too noisy ,island of a 1000 mosques . And iv heard quite a few of them
:mad:

Last edited:

snpark

Cager
Ok well my point was it's hardly "bali" so not sure 4 weeks is necessary

Wisnu

Charter Member
Everybody has different style of traveling. Some people love to visit most popular places as much as they can, take selfie, then move to another place for another selfie. Another people prefer for slow pace, relax, simple basic traveling, and appreciate the location (nature, people and history) in different way.
Lombok is not really small island. Most popular place can be touristic and crowded, populated area could be noisy. I know some people who also love to visit the common dirty and noise kampung.
However, you can also find quiet place with its charms and beauty.
Yes, you can allocate a day, a week or two or even more in Lombok (Gili islands is part of Lombok)
To OP, probably you can also consider to extend your trip NTT, from Labuan Bajo to Maumere.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Yeah, Gili seems to way to go. I agree that Flores would be very nice also. But if the OP states not being interested in activities or attractions, then a lot of its beauty and the experience would be 'lost'. Perhaps a South Sulawesi would make more sense then?

rabbit_39

Charter Member
Cager
Maumere, Larantuka, Bajawa in Flores for me is a better bet. I wouldn't go to GIli Trawangan myself. I"m not a fan personally but Sumba has some nice rolling hills and secret beaches and waterfalls. There's Nihiwatu resort in Sumba.

Rote island is nice.

Southeast Sulawesi Islands such as Wakatobi is nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww46
Top Bottom