317 to kitas.. can be done in medan?

beebop

Hi,
A little history first. I have lived in indonesia before, for around 7 years. Left mid 2016 for work in my home country. It was supposed to be a long term thing so i cancelled my kitap when i left. Whats done is done, im not here to be told what i should have done, but i want to know what i can do to get back easily and back to kitap status once again.
I see everyone seems to go the sosbud to kitas route. I tried it before, but got high tailed to singapore to go through the 317 visa route. So i want to avoid the politics and try the 317 to kitas and finally kitap route.
First off can i get the 317 visa if my wife is in indonesia, and im in my country?
Second thing is, once u have my 317 visa, can i get it converted to kitas in medan, or does it have to be done in jakarta?
Thats all for now. Im only planning to start the move about mid 2017, so there is still plenty time to figure it out.
Thank you

You can get Visa 317 while you are abroad.
The telex visa will be sent to desired Indonesian embassy and your visa will be issued there.
You can convert Visa 317 to KITAS in Medan immigration office if your named domicile in Indonesia is in Medan.

Well my address is actually in pematangsiantar (near lake toba). But the immigration there is a kelas 2. So this is why i asked about medan. Thank you. It answers my question though.

Then you will convert your visa to KITAS in the Kantor Imigrasi where you reside. You have one month after the entrance to Indonesia to do that.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back