2nd hand watch shops in Jakarta

HeikkiL

I pretty much know where to find new Seikos around here, but where are the best stores for 2nd hand watches? Automatic ones, of course, and reasonably-priced from Japanese (Seikos interest most, but then again most are affordable even as new) to basic Breitlings and Omegas.

Blok M Plaza is your friend, from Seiko to PP and from Seven Friday to AP. If you're lucky you'll spot a few RM's for good measure.

I have repeated good experiences with the following 2 sellers but have bought from probably over 10 different sellers. There are around 15 to 20 dealers in the same mall.
http://gloriafinewatches.blogspot.co.id
http://www.preownedwatch-id.com

There are 2 or 3 scattered around PIK as well. Hobijam.com and ffluxurywatch.com are the popular ones.

For servicing outside of service centre try "Jaya Raya Watch" also in Blok M Plaza, the owner Aheng is specialized in Vintage Rolex and is used by some of the biggest collectors of the country (there are a couple of guys with astonishing collections around).

"Jual jam mewah blogspot" is a google term to remember. Instagram is getting popular as well, try arlojikuno and idwx.

If you need vintage rolex send me a PM and I can get you in touch with the right persons.

Last edited:
Thanks Euc-! Found preownedwatch-id already before, but lost real interest when price is "WA/CALL"... At least Gloria's site shows directly what I can not afford. :D

New watch markets here are great; been posting the price lists for Finnish Seiko group just to show how it is outside EU or even US. A LOT cheaper than over there. Many models sold cheaply are bit older, but for me that really doesn't matter. Proper Monster is always a proper Monster. :)

Thanks Euc-! Found preownedwatch-id already before, but lost real interest when price is "WA/CALL"... At least Gloria's site shows directly what I can not afford. :D

New watch markets here are great; been posting the price lists for Finnish Seiko group just to show how it is outside EU or even US. A LOT cheaper than over there. Many models sold cheaply are bit older, but for me that really doesn't matter. Proper Monster is always a proper Monster. :)

They don't put their entire inventory up online, I'm told it's a security thing as thieves could start calculating value of total inventory to determine who to hit without even leaving their homes.

Best would really be to go and take a look. That way you can also establish a rapport with the sellers, enabling you to ask them to keep an eye out if there's a specific model you're after. Prices for 2nd hand watches in Indonesia are relatively cheap compared to abroad.

On a personal note, please, no Breitling.. With the exception of a few vintage models :tongue:

Monster, bringing back memories.. that together with a SKX007 were some of my first automatic watches. Things got out of hand since then.

Seems we have a few watch afficionados here so I have a question please....
When I became aircrew in the RAF in the '60's they issued me with a Hamilton chronometer. I was expecting a Rolex, as the ex wartime aircrew chaps had, but I believed the Hamilton was superior because that's what they told me.....but I was young and naive.
When I retired they took my trusty Hamilton back! The Queen is not very generous to her retired servicemen....unlike other employers who usually gift a watch to retirees....:frown:
My question therefore, as I've never since heard of a Hamilton, is it a well known watch?
I recall it was accurate but very heavy.

Hamilton is a brand with great historical significance especially for military watches. They continue to make watches to this day, albeit under the Swatch corporate umbrella since the 80's or so. They might not be as a well known brand as Rolex is nowadays, but under watch collectors they certainly do matter.

If you have any buddies who managed to keep their service watches and consider selling, feel free to let me know :)

Monster, bringing back memories.. that together with a SKX007 were some of my first automatic watches. Things got out of hand since then.
Yeah, 2nd gen Monster in wrist right now... :) Also in use are modded SKX007 (need to get that serviced...), Baby Monster, a (Solar, I know... :( ) SSC Batman and loads of Vostok Amphibias as "use it whenever and where-ever watches" (man, they are unbelievable; cheap, robust, automatic, cannot break if you try - but can break when you don't try...) plus a TAG chrono and a couple of Tissots and few Festinas. Oh and a Citizen... And couple of Hanowas... And... :D

Last edited:
Hamilton is a brand with great historical significance especially for military watches. They continue to make watches to this day, albeit under the Swatch corporate umbrella since the 80's or so. They might not be as a well known brand as Rolex is nowadays, but under watch collectors they certainly do matter.

If you have any buddies who managed to keep their service watches and consider selling, feel free to let me know :)

Sorry Euc....too late.....all my Royal Air Force colleagues are dead...:rip:
I'm a lonely octogenarian survivor with a Skagen titanium watch which cost US$100 about 10 years ago....and a few hundred Rp's to fix recently.
It works from a battery...who'd have thunk not needing to wind-up every night....isn't technology great...:thumb:

Sorry Euc....too late.....all my Royal Air Force colleagues are dead...:rip:
I'm a lonely octogenarian survivor with a Skagen titanium watch which cost US$100 about 10 years ago....and a few hundred Rp's to fix recently.
It works from a battery...who'd have thunk not needing to wind-up every night....isn't technology great...:thumb:
Sorry to hear that.

Skagen are nice watches in bauhaus style, they have some automatic watches as well; no need to wind and no battery ;)

as "use it whenever and where-ever watches" (man, they are unbelievable; cheap, robust, automatic, cannot break if you try - but can break when you don't try...)

I've got a Sinn U1 for that purpose, almost indestructible, similar to my first Toyota Starlet.

Sorry to hear that.

Skagen are nice watches in bauhaus style, they have some automatic watches as well; no need to wind and no battery ;)

Really! Next someone will invent a solar-powered watch....Oh! wait... I think I had a Citizen? watch that had some solar cells. It was digital and lit-up at night so must have had some storage like a battery. It also included a calculator which was so much better than my trusty slide rule....those were the days!

I have a Seiko Solar, had it two years and it keeps perfect time, no battery, no wind up, just daylight.
It doesn't have anything fancy just tells time and date

I have a Seiko Solar, had it two years and it keeps perfect time, no battery, no wind up, just daylight.
It doesn't have anything fancy just tells time and date

hehehe...It gets dark in Indonesia around 6:30pm...so how to know when the pub is about to close...they don't ring a bell here....:lol:
I'll bet you also have one of those unique gadgets called a phone...one that only sends and receives calls....:phone:

I know when it closing time and I've had enough, I fall down
My uncle was a pilot, I used to admire his watch, he said I could have it when he retired, sadly he was killed in a crash, when his effects came, no watch, I always assume it got damaged in the crash

I know it's not second hand, but for new ones I found these guys to be pretty up front with the stock and the pricing. Are they legit? How do I know? There are other websites as well, how would I know? I'm looking for an automatic casual watch that's on the smaller side and fairly thin (preferably <40mm and <11mm thick). Not a fan of large watches or divers or sports. Orient Bambino is nice, some of the Seiko 5s are nice too.

Any suggestions?

I know it's not second hand, but for new ones I found these guys to be pretty up front with the stock and the pricing. Are they legit? How do I know? There are other websites as well, how would I know? I'm looking for an automatic casual watch that's on the smaller side and fairly thin (preferably <40mm and <11mm thick). Not a fan of large watches or divers or sports. Orient Bambino is nice, some of the Seiko 5s are nice too.

Any suggestions?

Who are "these guys" you are referring to?

... and let's continue with another "off-topic": are new watches significantly cheaper in Singapore than in Indonesia? Going to S-pore for a few days and a couple of Seiko prod. numbers already in my mind...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back