2 years KITAS extension

hxtan

Hi guys,
I will need to renew my kitas soon. It seems like there is a 2 years kitas extension option?
(3.75 mil idr fee compared to 1 year kitas for 2.5 mil idr).
I think the 2 year is a better option in this case.
but how come most people only get the 1 year extension?
Is it harder to get the 2 year?

Brian86

I was told you can not extend a 1 year kitas with a 2 year kitas; you would need to make a new 2 year kitas which could then be extended 2 years each time.

If I am not mistaken, they have even introduced a 5 year kitas in legislation earlier this year, though it may not be implemented yet.

I don't know how long the 2 year kitas has been around, but another explanation for the prevalence of the 1 year kitas is that agents (and in many cases the people behind the counter) would prefer to push their clients into that visa so they can get recurring income for extensions every year rather than every 2 years.

SamR

I don't know how long the 2 year kitas has been around, but another explanation for the prevalence of the 1 year kitas is that agents (and in many cases the people behind the counter) would prefer to push their clients into that visa so they can get recurring income for extensions every year rather than every 2 years.
My thoughts exactly. Similar calculations probably at work when you're aiming to get a Kitap.

You will find that the "average agent" can't seem to provide an answer for anything beyond a 1 year work sponsored Kitas.

Last edited:

dafluff

Cager
Hi guys,
I will need to renew my kitas soon. It seems like there is a 2 years kitas extension option?
(3.75 mil idr fee compared to 1 year kitas for 2.5 mil idr).
I think the 2 year is a better option in this case.
but how come most people only get the 1 year extension?
Is it harder to get the 2 year?

The 2-year KITAS is only available for investor KITAS (index 314), not work (312) or family (317).

The 5 year KITAS is only for those in special economic zones (Kawasan Ekonomi Khusus - KEK).

hxtan

The 2-year KITAS is only available for investor KITAS (index 314), not work (312) or family (317).

The 5 year KITAS is only for those in special economic zones (Kawasan Ekonomi Khusus - KEK).
OK, got it, Thank you.

Brian86

Would you mind pointing to the source for that?

PP 31/2013 says:
Pasal 148
(1) Izin Tinggal terbatas diberikan untuk waktu paling lama 2 (dua) tahun dan dapat diperpanjang.
(2) Setiap kali perpanjangan sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) diberikan paling lama 2 (dua) tahun dengan ketentuan keseluruhan Izin Tinggal di Wilayah Indonesia tidak lebih dari 6 (enam) tahun.

and PP 48/2021 modifies that regulation saying:
Ketentuan Pasal 148 diubah sehingga berbunyi sebagai berikut:
Pasal 148
Izin Tinggal terbatas diberikan untuk waktu paling lama 5 (lima) tahun dan dapat diperpanjang dengan ketentuan keseluruhan lzin Tinggal tidak lebih dari 10 (sepuluh) tahun.

Brian86

Thank you, it's so refreshing when people can cite source documents rather than just "my agent said".

So PP 31/2013 says KITAS is for up to 2 years, then PP 96/2015 carved out a 5 year exception for KEK. I had not heard of that before. But PP 48/2021 does not appear to be a change to accommodate the KEK exception because it says "tidak lebih dari 10 tahun" while the PP 96/2015 says "tidak lebih dari 15 tahun". This leads me to believe the PP 48/2021 change is ignoring PP 96/2015 and is referring to other (all??) KITAS visas.

centurion

Cager
@Brian86
Thanks for posting this. I was not aware of PP 48/2021, with many important changes. I notice that, in article 171A ongoing, prospective holders/applicants of Investor KITAS/KITAP, because their company is not their guarantor for deportation, have to deposit in advance funds to "Jaminan Keimigrasian"-Immigration Guarantee (Bond) before starting the process. This will make the whole process more expensive and stop the inflow of investments.

"1) Orang Asing sebagaimana dimaksud dalam
Pasal lT lA ayat (4) huruf b menyetorkan jaminan
Keimigrasian sebagai pengganti Penjamin selama
berada di Wilayah Indonesia"...

I noticed that the whole Omnibus Law package (including this) will have a detrimental effect on foreign investments. For example, effective June 2, new PMAs have to have a minimum paid-in capital of 10 billion Rp.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aji
Top Bottom