2 year I.T visa?

snpark

Cager
My friend said there are whispers of some new 2 year I.T visa coming soon, maybe for those who work online or have a real digital company, it would be a proper kitas / imta etc but for those who's work is online and would be for 2 years?

I've searched but found nothing, anyone heard anything? Or is it just another "whisper" from Eastern Promise or Coconuts lol

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
I've heard similar, a 'digital nomad' visa, of sorts. I can not recall where I read it, because it struck me as wishful thinking and an unreliable source. It may even be that the Governor of Bali wants such a visa to help their tourism return, but they can't make their own immigration policy for one province.

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager

Here is an article on the topic, it seems the Wakil Gubernur Bali is promoting the idea. The article also mentions Bali's desire to welcome international tourists starting September 11. Both are decisions made in Jakarta, and both appear to be wishful thinking at this point.

dafluff

Cager
There has been a push for this sort of visa, not just in Bali but in some other countries dependent on tourism. Here is a Forbes article about it. With the recent "discovery" that many type of jobs can actually be done "from home", there is no reason that "home" can't be some tropical island. It also brings in much needed alternate income source besides the incredible fickle tourism dollar for such places.

It's a smart and reasonable thing to do, which is why it will probably not be done by Indonesia 🤷‍♂️

Helpful Herbert

Many European companies are banning their employees from working "abroad", as they feel it could bring in a new set of tax liabilities for both the employee and the company. For example a lot of workers in the City of London have been working "from home" from their second homes in France, Barbados (maybe even one or two in Bali), and are now being told in very strict terms that it is not allowed, and their IT department will be checking on their location. As well as tax liabilities, they could even accidentally set up a "permanent establishment" in the new country, giving them new reporting and regulatory responsibilities to the authorities there.

vocalneal

Cager
I met an Aussie IT guy. He said he came from the LAN down under.

snpark

Cager
Yes and Huey Lewis sang "it's http to be square"

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labelslabeling
Top Bottom