Import for Myanmar

This is the Indonesian forum. I think you are in the wrong place if you want to know about importing into Myanmar.

I know a guy who can help. He works as a snake catcher, fisherman, and also provides boat rides in Thailand.

MV5BMTYzNjM0NDI1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODkxNzUzMw@@._V1_.jpg

What can we import to Myanmar?

Paper, paper products and derivates, palm oil, iron and steel, tobacco, rubber are famous Indonesian commodities exported to Myanmar.
In the meanwhile, Indonesia's imports from Myanmar include timber, nuts, soda, fish and vegetables, Cornstarch, etc.
This is the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN) that might the good first contact.

Don't be so hard on the OP guys, maybe he wanted to export to Myanmar and help Indonesia's economy?
Maybe export religious provocateurs, corrupted politicians and their diva wives (I know...i know we don't have many), premans, assholes in big ass SUVs blinking their headlights in toll, crazy motorcyclists...

Any other ideas? It'll for sure reduce traffic too

Don't be so hard on the OP guys, maybe he wanted to export to Myanmar and help Indonesia's economy?
Maybe export religious provocateurs, corrupted politicians and their diva wives (I know...i know we don't have many), premans, assholes in big ass SUVs blinking their headlights in toll, crazy motorcyclists...

Add police that find every way they can to break laws and their wives who have affairs and when get caught blame it on sexual harassment. How about Ministers who get positions to make decissions because of political paybacks and not because they have a gram of knowledge about their positions?

Indonesia needs to import fish??
That is correct. Bear in Mind this might be a bilateral trade agreement. In the bilateral trade agreement there will need to be a compromise between the two countries.
Around 2010 under President Suharto Indonesia used to barter Indonesian CN-235 Aircraft with Sticky rice from developing countries.

123.JPG

Last edited:
If you notice many of Indonesian politicians are becoming wealthy because of their business empires in Indonesia. Having business in Indonesia, it is very easy to get a special treatment, bending the regulation to favour your business.
It is very rare they grow their business relying on exporting goods or services. Exporting goods or services are Internationally competitive and there is very little the Indonesian government could do to help outside the Indonesian territory. Also Exporting bring more benefit to Indonesian Economy and helping to bring down the foreign exchange devisit with a particular country.

Last edited:
Well, he quit and moved back to his house at the ranch...(I think)..

He did, but it was also due to covid and not being able to get back to Thailand. He still has plenty of connections though.

The OP is from Myanmar (KYAW is a common Myanmar name), so I doubt helping Indonesia was a primary motivation.

The OP is from Myanmar (KYAW is a common Myanmar name), so I doubt helping Indonesia was a primary motivation.
I doubt it as well also looking from posting history. It is the human nature you ask something primarily for your own, family, relatives, friend's benefit, helping the country might be on the bottom of reasons why you want to know something.
But I understand it is a legitimate question to be asked in the forum like this.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back